FundApps is a startup that helps investment managers monitor and comply with worldwide regulations. Our competition is stuck in the dark ages with slow, clunky, complicated user interfaces and installed software. We're shaking up the industry - providing a beautiful & intuitive web-based service which takes away our customer's pains and lets them get on with what they do best.
Rapptr, our main product, isn't some shiny but vacant consumer app. There's real complexity both in terms of volumes of data that we deal with, and how we visualise the results of hundreds of rules running across thousands of portfolios - in a way that's simple, understandable and easy to manage.
We ❤️ clean, simple code (and fun times)
We're a small team of smart, friendly people who collaborate closely and take pride in delivering amazing software and providing extraordinary customer support. You’ll help shape what we work on and how we do it. You won’t be micro-managed or stuck in a rut. We work hard on challenging problems and have a good time doing it.
We believe focusing on automation, testing and code quality enables us to move faster than our competitors whilst delivering better software.
We are looking for a motivated, intelligent individual who loves to code to join our close-knit engineering team. We pride ourselves in getting our engineers up and running fast – expect to build and deploy your first feature in week one.
- You are mid-senior developer with a real passion for back-end related work
- You get a kick from understanding the technicalities of platforms and have architectural aspirations
- You thrive on getting things done and deployed to users.
- You care about your craft and are hungry to learn new skills and improve your existing ones. Whilst we have .NET at the core of our stack, we’re pragmatic about other technologies and open-minded about your technology background.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code and continuous deployment.
- You are a pragmatist who believes in strong opinions weakly held.
What will I be working on?
You will be identifying ways to improve our overall architecture and lead from the front on deliverying on new technical solutions. Focusing on the daily routines and working practices you will be helping delivery on this identified work, slice stories and minimise technical risk as you build these new features.
More broadly, with happy customers on long term contracts we are investing in our platform to prepare for the next phase of our journey. You will be a key contributor to the evolution of the platform to support ambitious plans to grow market share and launch new products.
Our technology stack
We use the best tools for the job and you'll have full input into what our stack evolves into. We're currently using:
- Front-end: React, Redux, Webpack, Gulp, Jest, Jasmine
- Back-end : C#, Golang, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
- Others: AWS, HAProxy, Atlas, Terraform, Packer, SumoLogic, TeamCity, Octopus, Selenium, Sentry
Life at FundApps
- 🎓 £1,000 learning budget each year and unlimited professional development leave
- 💰 Peer micro-bonuses through Bonusly
- 🕐 Flexible working - 90% of our team do it regularly
- 🚢 25 days holiday leave + an extra day next year if you use it all
- 🎁 Birthday off
- ❤️ Unlimited volunteering leave
- 👶 26 weeks paid leave for all new parents regardless of gender, location or family structure
- 😷 Unlimited sick and compassionate leave
- 🎤 Monthly team outings, including crazy golf, karaoke and escape rooms
- 💡 Peer-led ‘Brown-bag lunch’ learning sessions
- 💰 Matched pension contribution up to 10%
- 🏊 Half price gym membership + team sports all week
- 🚴 Cycle to work, tech scheme and childcare vouchers
We are proud of the diversity of all FundAppers - it makes us strong. You will find flexibility around religious observances, our national flags all around the office, a monthly ‘Laydeez who lunch’ and a Pride celebration with some epic Cher and RuPaul playlists! If you’re looking for a workplace where you can just be yourself, you’re in the right place.