|Job Type:||Full Time|
As part of our strategic growth strategy, we are seeking an experienced Principal Environmental consultant to join our core team in our city centre Cardiff office. Our Cardiff team are engaged in provision of support to both public and private sector clients across the region and nationally. We can offer a variety of work, including opportunities in the road, rail and water sectors, with local authorities, energy sector and developers.
This mix of projects would give you the opportunity to develop in new ways, and you would be part of helping us achieve our growth and realise your potential, by driving forward our services to internal and external clients and helping to develop new business for the team.
If you are looking for variety, want to be part of an employee-owned, independent company that values its people, and that provides opportunities for social and career development then we would like to hear from you.
A bit about the role:
You would be part of a dynamic global environmental practice across Mott MacDonald, who work collaboratively to deliver high quality environmental outcomes and to ensure the development of its members. You will also be part of our Cardiff office community, an increasingly diverse work place that brings together professionals from multi disciplines to develop client and people centred solutions to the problems we face, with a focus on integrity and honesty in everything we do.
- Coordinating impact assessments and environmental studies
- Playing a key role in developing our carbon, climate and sustainability services
- Managing and mentoring junior staff
- Supporting the environmental director in winning work
- Relevant academic/professional qualifications
- Working towards or a Chartered Environmentalist or similar, will full membership of a relevant professional organisation such as CIWEM, IET, IEMA (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant legislation in the UK, such as Environmental Impact Assessment regulations
- Preference for a technical capability of at least one environmental discipline (eg: climate, carbon, sustainability, impact assessment)
- Successful track record in environmental co-ordination
- Experience of proposal writing, or other business development activities would be advantageous
- Flexible to working away from your home base
- Excellent 'self-starting' capabilities
- Full, clean driving licence beneficial
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of projects, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.