|Job Type:||Full Time|
You might not know that Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) is the UK's leading digital bank and its biggest mobile bank. With over 30m customers we're looking to harness the data we hold to ensure we become the best Bank for customers through our products and services. We're transforming ourselves by investing in simplifying and modernising our IT landscape and putting Data at the forefront of our decision making and service offerings. However, we understand the responsibility we have to protect our customer's data so we're looking for data architecture leaders who can help drive this transformation in a safe and secure manner.
We're recruiting for an experienced and forward-thinking Data and Analytics Enterprise Architect who can combine deep technical thought leadership with strong leadership skills to drive strategy and adoption of a variety of data solutions and data management capabilities. You would be working within the Enterprise Architecture area which is responsible for setting technical strategy for the Group and working closely with business and delivery teams to realise the strategy.
We've been on a journey to modernise our Data and Analytics capabilities for a while and have determined that we cannot deliver on our ambitions without embracing cloud technologies and services. However this brings to the forefront the need for data management controls to safely adopt these services. The candidate would be responsible for setting the direction on how to provide these controls and would work with data owners, data analysts, data scientists and data platform teams to deliver them.
This role is not just about technical skills, the ability to command the respect of and provide leadership to stakeholders from across the organisation is absolutely critical. We expect you to be able to view challenges from many different perspectives and create and drive strategies and solutions that are not only technically sound, but also include regulatory, commercial and organisational aspects when appropriate. We're looking for experienced enterprise architects who produce their own deliverables and can lead and mentor others without direct authority.
You'll bring the experience, skills and passion to lead us further along our data journey… and we'll bring opportunities on a scale not many organisations can match. If being a part of this journey appeals to you and you have the Data enterprise architecture experience we're seeking, get in touch.
Must have expertise & experience:
- Proven background as an Enterprise Architect with an understanding of the principles and practices of that role
- Ability to balance strategy and vision with the operational realities and service demand
- Relevant prior data architecture experience; Leading or being part of transformation in Data (e.g., move to advanced analytics/machine learning, data lake, big data, data democratisation, cloud)
- An understanding of data modelling and how that can help accelerate reuse of data and delivery of data consumption use cases
- Experience with at least two of the following data management capabilities with knowledge of the rest
- Data discovery
- Metadata and lineage
- Data quality
- Data access and privacy
- Data lifecycle management
- Knowledge of one or more of the following Primary Domains:
- Data warehouses (e.g., Hadoop, Teradata)
- Advanced Analytics (e.g., Machine Learning, Cognitive)
- Public Cloud data services (e.g., Google BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Azure Synapse Analytics)
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us!
You'll be joining a leading digital organisation with the support and career potential you'd expect. We'll also provide a competitive benefits package with includes:
- A performance related bonus;
- Generous pension contribution;
- 30 days holiday, plus bank holidays;
- A flexible cash benefits allowance;
- Wider corporate benefits.
If you have the motivation, passion and experience to join our transformation journey… we'll bring opportunities on a scale and breadth not many organisations can match!
***The base salary banding for this role is £76,000 - £115,000, plus the above listed benefits.***