|Job Type:||Full Time|
In this role, a candidate would be asked to work an array of different applications from; server side and GUI functionality for systems that enforce controls on e-Commerce business (these systems include pricing, trading, and order management), and acting as a technology facilitator between a number of Control groups leveraging risk and trade information on J.P. Morgan's strategic trade and risk management platform, Athena. Candidates would be accountable for the overall success of the systems, including design, development, deployment, optimization, and day-to-day operation.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team where you will be exposed directly to the underlying business, making this an exciting and challenging experience. This is very much a hands on coding role, working closely with the business to address any issues as swiftly as possible whilst working on new features and enhancements. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can adapt to a varying technological landscape. This is an ideal role for someone with a passion for problem solving combined with the ability to produce simple solutions to complex problems. Some Python experience would be useful, but if you are the right individual you will be able to pick up the language pretty quickly.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- A willingness to actively participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business to junior technology staff.
- A practical & pragmatic approach to working on technical re-engineering, while continuing to deliver business benefit in parallel.
- Knowledge, interest, and application of design patterns and development best practices
- Experience of working collaboratively within a globally diverse team.
- An aspiration to become a T-shaped, full-stack developer.
Qualifications and Technical expertise includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from a top school, or equivalent experience
- Advanced degrees are preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Java or C++ development
- Proficiency in Oracle/SQL development
- Proficiency in Python a plus
- Professional experience with front office trading systems
- Foreign Exchange, Commodities or Interest Rates market experience (desired but not mandatory)