|Job Type:||Full Time|
Hutchison Ports (UK) - Port of Felixstowe is the largest deep-water Port in the UK and to support our continued growth and development we are looking to recruit a Supervisor to work within the Engineering Department. The Port of Felixstowe is at the forefront of Port equipment technology and is rapidly introducing new green and automated technology to our asset group.
The successful candidate will lead and manage engineering maintenance teams to deliver engineering solutions which meet the business and operational demands. They will drive improvements in productivity and maintenance protocols in order to maintain machinery to a safe reliable standard and ultimately improve engineering services, ensuring downtimes are to a minimum, against agreed performance targets. Working in close partnership with Engineering Management and all Supervisors across the business to ensure that maximum opportunities are utilised to improve productivity through improved asset performance.
- Direct line management and deployment of all employees within your team, including contracted staff.
- Manage and control employee resources through required manning levels, including people management.
- Ensure compliance to all policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures, safe working practices and safe codes of practice and electrical site safety rules with recommendations for action and continuous improvement.
- Concise and accurate reporting, including end of shift, accident, near miss and damage reporting.
- Establish effective relationship with the procurement department to ensure that correct component parts are sourced, and correct stock levels are maintained and are accessible.
- Embed the engineering leadership behavioural competencies and demonstrate a positive and proactive attitude
- Communication with operational and engineering stakeholders on a shift by shift basis updating on current maintenance activities.
- Attend operational/engineering meetings as required to establish and implement the priorities for the shift, department and business short and long term.
- Effectively monitor and review engineering processes with a view of continuous improvements to improve efficiency, reduce waste and meet environmental targets.
- Responsible for safety of yourself and team. Working in partnership with H&S to ensure continuous improvement on all safety matters.
- Ensure employees are fully qualified with technical and behavioural skills to deliver engineering services within their role.
- Manage and support employee engagement initiatives within engineering
- Deputise for Engineering Manager when required.
For full details, please refer to JD1228 V2
Who are we looking for?
Suitable applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience of building and managing teams
- A minimum of 4 years working within heavy industry within an engineering role. Holds relevant engineering qualifications to a minimum HNC level or equivalent or be prepared to obtain a suitable qualification based upon a development plan within the development matrix
- Good Knowledge and experience of container handling equipment would be desirable
- Full UK driving licence, and a willingness to obtain relevant plant licences specific to role.
- Ability to cope with fast changing work priorities on several concurrent work activities is required which can be pressurised and demanding.
- Ability to evaluate trends and problem solve with immediate and longevity solutions.
- Strong and effective communications
- Project Management experience would be desirable
- IOSH Managing safely (Or be prepared to undertake the required training).
Hutchison Ports is committed to creating and developing an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified applicants and encourage discussion about flexible working opportunities. We offer a supportive, community environment and have recently been awarded Chartered status by Women In Maritime. We have our own Women’s Network, offer leadership, mentoring and role specific training.
Please apply via the Port-al. The selection process may involve a competency based interview and psychometric assessment.