|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Intro to the team
The leadership support team is here to provide assistance to the Director+ group, helping them use their time effectively & efficiently. We have a broad knowledge of the business and work with the many GoCardless teams to find practical & logical solutions to their scheduling needs.
As a Team Assistant, you will support the leadership teams with scheduling meetings and events and ensuring that these run seamlessly. You will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced executive assistants and build relationships with a number of stakeholders from all over the business.
- Coordinating team social events & offsite meetings; finding venues & arranging refreshments all within a budget.
- Helping organise larger meetings, with both internal and external attendees.
- External events; liaising with colleagues attending the same event to coordinate travel & hotel bookings if required.
- Using Google calendar to allocate meetings rooms in the office.
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested.
- Work experience is required, but not necessarily in a team assistant role.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, and able to build strong and productive relationships
- Detail-oriented, able to prioritise amongst multiple functions and manage time efficiently
- Team player, capable of working with people from different backgrounds and experience
- Great customer service skills, with an ability to demonstrate sensitivity where required and eager to challenge yourself and take on more responsibility in a growing global company
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.