|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Health Intelligence team at Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK) lab is dedicated to advancing Healthcare and Life Sciences with AI. Our mission is to solve these challenges following Microsoft’s AI Principles of: fairness, reliability & safety, inclusiveness, privacy & security, accountability and transparency in a multidisciplinary team.
We are seeking an exceptional Machine Learning researcher to join a diverse team of scientists to develop novel deep learning models and algorithms for immunological sequencing data, aka Deep Immunomics. This is an excellent opportunity for real-world clinical impact while advancing the state-of-the-art in deep learning.
Contract duration: 2 years
- In the context of immunomics, identify relevant literature and key insights from the ML community and develop a novel deep learning research agenda.
- Publish in top-tier ML conferences and Immunology/Clinical journals.
- Independently run, analyze, and report experimental results.
- Collaborate, communicate across teams, including key partners.
- Contribute to the software infrastructure, including its design, implementation, and documentation.
- Recent or nearly complete PhD in Machine Learning or Machine Learning and Computational Biology.
- Publication record at top-tier ML conferences (eg Neurips/ICML/ICLR/AISTATS/UAI) and/or high-impact life-science journals (eg Nature Immunology).
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent coding ability in a deep learning framework.
- Experience in one or more of the following research areas or application domains: modeling protein sequences, robustness and safety in ML, deep generative models, weakly supervised learning, contrastive learning.
- Knowledge of the adaptive immune system.
- Demonstrable ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.