|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Research Cambridge is looking for a researcher indeeplearning, with a focus ongraph neural networkmodels. The candidate willcloselywork with researchersof theMachine Intelligence group and in collaboration with the Microsoft Search and Intelligenceteamof Office365. Researchwill involvegraph neural networks(GNN)that usetheMicrosoft Graphtowards providingbetter tools toOffce365users,enabling intelligence in Microsoft products like Outlook, Bing, Windows,andTeams. The candidatewillbe part of theresearchteamcloselycollaboratingwith theproductteamsworking to modernize the way users discover, navigate,and search across their organization’s Office365 corpus and help make them more productive.The role offers a unique opportunity to interact with researchers and product teams alike, and to develop noveldeeplearning techniques and apply them in practice.
Contract duration: 2 years.
The successful candidate will undertake cutting-edge research ongraph neural networkmodelsin collaboration with other researchersin Microsoft Research. They will share their findings with product groupsand via publications in recognized academic venues. The successful candidate, along with the rest ofthe research team, willcollaboratewith the product groupstowardsgathering implicit signals from real users through online experimentation to learn and iterate on the next improvementsoftheirresearch.
- Completed (or on-track to complete) a PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Track record inrelevant research,such as Graph Neural Networks, relational learning,orknowledge graphs,as evidenced by publications in top-tier venues. Examples include but are not limited toICML,NeurIPS, ICLR,EMNLP,ACL, NAACL,KDD,AAAI, etc.
- Hands-on experience with current deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.), as evidenced by released code (e.g. on GitHub or elsewhere).
- Software engineering skills for rapid and accurate development.
- Workingknowledge ofdeep learning for NLPand/or Transformer models.
- Experience with large-scale data processing tools, such as Spark or CosmosDB.
- Experience in working with product teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.