|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We are seeking an Associate level Highways Engineer to work within our Highways team. You will ideally be based within our Leeds office which is located in the heart of the city close to the waterfront, with easy access to transport, retail and leisure facilities. Travel to other offices and clients is likely to be required from time to time. The role will involve working on transport infrastructure schemes, predominantly local authority highways D&B.
The focus of the role is highways infrastructure and you would be expected to have skills in planning, design, maintenance, procurement and delivery. As a project manager you would combine managerial leadership and technical responsibilities, working with teams throughout the UK and on international projects. Key elements of the role include:
* Managing design delivery and multi-disciplinary design teams of engineers and technicians
* Project manager and team leader responsibility, ensuring delivery to client requirements for standards, quality, programme and budget
* Working with contractors on D&B projects
* Client liaison and being the focal point for communications
* Preparing, checking and reviewing designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for highways schemes
* Showing technical leadership and providing technical expertise
* Presenting technical advice to clients and third parties
* Controlling task programme and budgets
* Contributing to bid proposals and submissions
* Motivation and performance of junior staff
The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development.
The successful candidate will ideally be Chartered, or at least working towards being Chartered, with excellent design and delivery skills including leading a team. They will need a comprehensive grasp of highway engineering and be able to demonstrate experience of working on Highways England schemes as well as with contractors on D&B projects.
The successful candidate will have:
* Degree qualified, Chartered engineer (Incorporated Engineer will be considered) with ICE or CIHT
* A demonstrable track record in highway design and delivering highway infrastructure projects
* Demonstrable experience of project management across multi-disciplines
* Able to interpret client requirements to produce a sound engineering proposal
* In-depth knowledge of highway design standards (DMRB) and specification (MCHW)
* Experience of working for Highways England, local authorities or passenger transport agencies
* An appreciation, and preferably experience, of Civil 3D, Open Roads and GIS software
* A confident communicator with good verbal and written skills
* Experience in client liaison and management
* Strong collaborative attitude
* Ability to assist in the development of the business