|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald's York office is part of the Building and Infrastructure division and has been successful in securing project wins with Story Contracting, BAM, Network Rail and Volker Rail, and is also delivering current schemes with clients such as Morgan Sindall, Babcock Rail and Balfour Beatty. Due to this we are growing our team in Yorkshire and are seeking a Principal Engineer with extensive ancillary civils experience in Rail projects.
The York office is set in the city centre just a few minutes' walk away from the Shambles, Stonegate, and Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate. The York Office employs over 60 staff across a variety of rail disciplines, including bridges, building structures, track, signalling and power. As the successful candidate you will enjoy the variety of work we are able to offer and also benefit from the positive training support that we provide towards developing your career.
As a key member of the Civil Engineering team, the primary responsibility will be the design of civil engineering structures and elements and managing a technical team to produce multi-disciplinary models and engineering drawings, predominantly for rail projects being delivered under the GRIP process. Most projects - including track reinstatement, level crossings, station upgrades, equipment compounds, etc - will require close working with other disciplines within Mott MacDonald to form an integrated multi-disciplinary team; thus, the ability to communicate and cooperate well with others is critical in this role. Similarly, on Design and Build projects in which we are engaged directly by the Main Contractor, there is a key requirement for positive collaboration with the Contractor project team to ensure effective construction delivery.
We are also completing further projects for Network Rail, including a bridge assessment framework and some Maintenance Delivery Unit (MDU) upgrade schemes, which involve writing reports, assessment calculations (by hand and using structural analysis software), design checks and risk assessments.
This is a challenging role that will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to advance their technical skills and progress within the company.
You will also be required to assist with staff recruitment, opportunities for developing the business and tendering, offering good opportunities for career development in an expanding team.
You will need to have extensive experience in Rail projects (experience in Highways will also be advantageous), with a personal interest in Civil and Structural Engineering which will be utilised across a broad range of projects.
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience of railway ancillary civil engineering solutions
* CEng, IEng, MICE or similar
* Competency with BS, DMRB, NR and Eurocode design standards
* Experience of working in UK bridge engineering and/or general civil/structural engineering and involvement in the full project lifecycle
* Demonstrable successful record in designing, managing and delivering rail civils projects (including Network Rail procedures & processes)
* Undertaken CRE roles
* Experience working in or with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy
* Proven experience of developing, building & managing design teams
* Experience in managing staff performance
* Experience of planning and monitoring project programmes to budgets and resources ensuring delivery to time and financial parameters
* Sound experience of preparation and management of fee proposals and submissions
* Excellent client development and relationship management experience
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to interface with colleagues, customers and staff.