Design Research Lead – Customer Experience (Fixed Term Contract 10 months)- Global Commercial Banking - 0000F4A2
Some careers offer brighter prospects than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Design Research Lead – Customer Experience (secondment/fixed term contract 10 months
**End date 31st December but potential of being extended.
We are recruiting a Lead Design Researcher to join a forward-thinking, creative, dynamic team to help us deliver an exceptional Customer Experience for our Corporate customers globally.
Our customers want to focus on building and growing their businesses – and we want to support them in doing that by removing their financial stresses. This means that our experience vision is to both strengthen our customers’ finances and impact the emotional strains they feel. We’re excited to bring together the emotional and financial side of banking to make a difference for our customers and our company.
To support our customer experience vision, we are changing the way we think and work across the Global Corporate Bank (GCMB). Our Customer Experience has been established to be a front-runner in our business to both deliver material improvements for our customers and colleagues, while also transforming GCMB to be a customer-led organisation. As part of CX, our team of Service Designers and Design Researchers will support these goals by helping our business to fundamentally change the way we create and deliver solutions.
Quite simply put, our mission in CX is to embed Design Thinking into our company’s DNA. We are building-up our team with people that are motivated by the challenge to strengthen the way we problem-solve and make an impact for our customers and colleagues. More specifically, our team is growing with wonderful people that have strong Design capabilities and expertise, as well as a passion for building teams and embedding human-centric design systemically. With your help, we will scale this way of working and enable our company to not only achieve our customer vision, but also continuously evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs globally. This unique opportunity to make an impact around the world is just starting and it’s a great time to join and help us build our team.
The role of Lead Design Researcher will be responsible for shaping the strategy, tools and processes for how design research activities are embedded within the multi-disciplinary teams implementing the Customer Experience vision globally across CMB. While leading projects, you will be responsible for advocating, designing and delivering research activities that build a strong understanding of the needs of our customers and colleagues and influence the business and senior leaders to make the decisions based on insight and understanding. You will also lead on defining and growing the design research discipline within CMB and building the foundational infrastructure and resources needed for Design Research to be done well across the organisation and mentor and coach those who want to grow and develop within their research careers.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Understanding and advocating for the customers and colleagues that experiences are being designed and developed for to ensure all HSBC products and services are easy to use and help businesses to thrive and ensure that teams have the resources and skills to deliver best-in-class design research.
- Lead and enable others to run successful assumption and hypothesis mapping activities with stakeholders to capture and prioritise research questions, inform research strategy and enable efficient planning and propose solutions beyond initial objectives and requirements.
- Help the organisation adopt a range of methods and processes to support planning, conducting and synthesis of qualitative research activities to inform decision making on CX strategy and digital design projects throughout the design lifecycle.
- You will lead and support other researchers to scoping quantitative research and creating and analysing basic survey responses.
- Lead on the strategy for how teams across the organisation, document and share existing and new research insights, data and trends to ensure they remain useful and actionable by the project team and wider organisation.
- Ensuring all teams track and measure the impact of research activities and ensuring insights are actioned.
- Monitoring research budget usage and gaining additional budget approvals as needed
- Coaching and delivering training to non-researchers to understand the differences in different research approaches and participating in design research activities to ensure valid conclusions are made.
- Managing and mentoring other design researchers and lead on the strategy for community knowledge sharing and development activities and leading on initiatives to continue to strengthen the design research discipline within HSBC.
- Lead on defining and operationalizing research processes to enable efficiencies across all CX workstreams
- Lead on how all design research teams manage resources to achieve business targets and objectives
- Show agility and creativity in integrating design research into the work, simultaneously offering critique and new possibilities based on reasonable constraints.
- Help ensure all design researchers work within risk and compliance procedures to ensure risks are identified, assessed and appropriate mitigations and controls are put in place.
The role holder will have responsibility to create enhanced experiences, with the focus on enabling our colleagues to have the mindset, framework and tools to continuously create proven solutions for our customers and business. As a Senior Service Designer, you’ll also have the opportunity to really bring Design Thinking into the core of our business and act as a Design Thinking coach for teams across the Corporate bank.