Design Researcher – Customer Experience (Permanent and Fixed Term Contracts available) - Global Commercial Banking - 0000F44U
Some careers offer brighter prospects than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Design Researcher – Customer Experience
2 roles available – 1 permanent role and 1 fixed term contract ending 31st December (possibility of extension).
Our customers want to focus on building and growing their businesses – and we want to support them in doing that by removing their financial stresses. This means that our experience vision is to both strengthen our customers’ finances and reduce the emotional strains they feel. We’re excited to bring together the emotional and financial side of banking to make a difference for our customers and our company.
To support our customer experience vision, we’re changing the way we think and work across the Global Corporate Bank (GCMB). Our Customer Experience team has been established to be a front-runner in our business to both deliver material improvements for our customers and colleagues, while also transforming GCMB to be a customer-led organisation. As part of CX, our team of Design Researchers support these goals by helping our business to fundamentally change the way we create and deliver solutions.
Quite simply put, our mission in CX is to embed Design Thinking into our company’s DNA. We’re continuing to build our team with people that are motivated by the challenge to improve the way we problem-solve and make an impact for our customers and colleagues. More specifically, our team is growing with wonderful people that have strong Design Research capabilities and expertise, as well as a passion for building teams and embedding human-centric design systemically. With your help, we’ll scale this way of working and enable our company to not only achieve our customer vision, but also continuously evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs globally. This unique opportunity to make an impact around the world is just starting and it’s a great time to join and help strengthen our team.
The role of Design Researcher is a key position responsible for helping to lead and drive the implementation of the Customer Experience vision across CMB, whilst also growing our people and ways of working. This role provides an opportunity to work across cross-functional teams globally and to influence the direction of our business and senior leaders. In short, you can have a direct impact on shaping key experiences for millions of customers and thousands of colleagues around the world. This role will be reporting into the Design Research Lead.
In this role, you will responsible for:
- Planning, conducting and synthesising qualitative research activities to inform decision making on CX strategy and digital design projects.
- Aggregating existing research, data and trends into useful and actionable outputs
- Leading on mapping of assumptions and hypotheses about customers and their needs and prioritising with CX and product stakeholders to build and maintain a research backlog.
- Assist in delivering training to non-researchers to understand the differences in different research approaches and participating in design research activities to ensure valid conclusions are made.
- Ensuring data is managed in line with HSBC policies and ethical practice.
- Managing resources to achieve business targets / objectives
- Show agility and creativity in integrating design research into the work, simultaneously offering critique and new possibilities based on reasonable constraints.
- The role holder will help teams build empathy and make decisions based on customer insight throughout the customer experience lifecycle. With the focus on enabling our colleagues to have the mindset, framework and tools to continuously create proven solutions for our customers and business. As a Design Researcher, you’ll also have the opportunity to really bring Design Thinking into the core of our business.