|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of projects, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace
Our Buildings & Infrastructure Unit are recruiting for Civil Drainage Engineer/Technicians to join our infrastructure team which delivers projects for a diverse range of clients.
As a Civil Drainage Engineer/Technician, you will be working on a range of projects across the spectrum of disciplines from concept to construction. You will be responsible for design of drainage, delivery to client requirements, complying with quality standards and working to programme & budget.
You will be technically experienced in infrastructure design and be competent working with standard design tools including MicroDrainage software. You will also have the opportunity to further develop your BIM software capability and support development of junior staff.
Within the drainage design team, the role involves:
* working in 3D model environment using Bentley OpenRoads and MicroDrainage
* design of drainage infrastructure and preparing integrated drainage models
* interaction with other disciplines and design teams
* delivering detailed design models to a high level of accuracy
* following project specified model conventions and standards.
* delivering to client requirements of quality standards, programme and budget
* collaborative working with other disciplines & professionals
* appreciation of commercial and contractual aspects
* Essential to have demonstrable experience of drainage design for infrastructure projects
* Experience in use of drainage software (MicroDrainage)
* Experience of working in Projectwise environment
* Preferably experience in use of Bentley OpenRoads but training can be given on the project
* Preferably with Degree in Civil Engineering; professionally qualified or working towards this
* Will have used industry design standards and guidance (incl Sewers for Adoption; DMRB; CIRIA C753)
* Preferably have worked on civil engineering projects in a BIM environment using 3D models
* Have proactive communication skills to work with colleagues & other design teams
* Essential to be able to work independently, taking a positive approach to managing and delivering workload
* Ability to work in an organised structured framework, supporting colleagues and delivering to the project programme
* Preferably experience of BS1192 and processes
* Depending on experience, to supervise and/or lead a drainage design team