|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: We are happy to consider applicants from any UK location local to a Mott MacDonald office, with a preference for one of our "IT hubs" that includes; Brighton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Southampton or Glasgow.
The Productivity Applications department is responsible for providing products and services to the business that help make them as productive as possible - one of those is the company intranet.
As a solutions specialist working in the Productivity Applications team your primary role will be that of managing the company Intranet, Compass. Compass is hosted using SharePoint Online and so experience of Intranet Management and SharePoint will be considered essential.
The Intranet Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the Intranet including architecture, user experience, design, governance, and performance. The Intranet Manager will work closely with other members of the Productivity Applications team to ensure that the Intranet integrates seamlessly with the other parts of the Office 365 environment (SharePoint, Search, Delve, OneDrive etc.)
As well as managing the intranet each person in the team has the opportunity to learn and manage other products in the Productivity Applications area: these include, but are not limited to, products like Yammer, MS Forms, MS Planner, MS Stream and Mind Manager. The exact make-up of the role will be, in part, determined by the skill set and ambition of the successful candidate.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Previous experience working in an intranet management role, ideally in a large scale organisation
- Technical skills and experience to support intranet design, architecture, governance and performance decisions
- Prior experience of SharePoint
It would be beneficial if you also had any of the following:
- Experience of SharePoint Online (highly desirable)
- Experience of successful IT development work
- Experience authoring content for websites
- Graphics design
- Experience of working within a global, virtual team
- Track record of bringing in successful projects on time