|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Principal Engineering Geologist in our successful Scotland based team, you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience and work with a range of public and private sector clients on some key and major projects. You will be involved in producing design solutions in line with current Eurocodes, reports specifications and drawings covering a range of project requirements within site assessment, geological modelling, foundations and geotechnics. You'll deliver various engineering geology, geotechnical and underground structures projects and provide technical leadership and managing design work especially in a design and build environment. You'll also support larger projects acting as client liaison and contributing to risk assessments, employing sustainability and undertaking budgeting and cost control.
Your role will include the following:
- Responsible for Design and Build Projects;
- Lead the Transport Scotland Rail and Highways portfolio;
- Assess ground stability;
- Design foundations and substructures associated with large underground spaces such as deep basements and shafts, metro boxes, earthworks and slope stability;
- Design retaining wall systems and major temporary works associated with above ground and underground structures;
- Participate in modelling for soil/structure interaction issues associated with below-ground structures;
- Travel to project sites when necessary for project delivery and client liaison meetings.
As an experienced Civil Engineer/Engineering Geologist in ground engineering and geotechnics, you are able to direct and deliver multiple concurrent projects on time and within budget. You've designed various geotechnical and foundation solutions using current standards and Eurocodes and have previously worked on major transportation infrastructure projects for Transport Scotland. You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to liaise with various clients and build professional relationships. You are comfortable with your technical expertise in the ground engineering sector and have gained various project management skills throughout your career as well as acted in a technical lead capability. You're an effective communicator and are able to collaborate with all levels of staff and clients. In addition to this, you are a team player and understand the dynamics of working with a team as well as working autonomously.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- MSc Degree in Civil Engineering or Geology (or similar);
- Chartered with a relevant professional body such as ICE/ Geol Soc/ IStructE (or similar);
- Proven experience delivering projects within a design and build environment;
- Proven experience guiding and nurturing a team of Engineers in their technical development;
- Prepared to travel nationally and internationally as needed for projects.
Mott MacDonald below ground heavy civils and geotechnical engineering capability is recognised as authoritative and cutting edge. Our Scotland & Ireland geotechnical team specialise in all aspects of Foundations, Geotechnics and Engineering Geology, and contribute to some of the largest and most demanding structures in the world. Our expertise includes delivering value management and value engineering, geotechnical advice, geotechnical information management, site investigations, rock engineering, slope engineering, geoseismic design, and 2D/3D numerical modelling. The projects we have engaged in include high speed infrastructure and locally Scottish Power & SSE distribution, Transport Scotland, Motherwell Station, High Street Station, Dams, Forestry Commission, Scottish Canals, Scottish Water, Defence Estates and INEOS Sites, as well as opportunities to work on and support projects World-wide in other regions of the Group.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.