Senior Design Researcher – Customer Experience – (10 month fixed term contract) Global Commercial Banking - 0000F49M
Some careers offer brighter prospects than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Design Researcher – Customer Experience – fixed term contract ends 31st December. Possibility of this secondment being extended.
We are recruiting a Senior Design Researcher to join a forward-thinking, creative, dynamic team to help us deliver an exceptional Customer Experience for our Corporate customers globally.
Our customers want to focus on building and growing their businesses – and we want to support them in doing that by removing their financial stresses. This means that our experience vision is to both strengthen our customers’ finances and reduce the emotional strains they feel. We’re excited to bring together the emotional and financial side of banking to make a difference for our customers and our company.
To support our customer experience vision, we’re changing the way we think and work across the Global Corporate Bank (GCMB). Our Customer Experience team has been established to be a front-runner in our business to both deliver material improvements for our customers and colleagues, while also transforming GCMB to be a customer-led organisation. As part of CX, our team of Design Researchers support these goals by helping our business to fundamentally change the way we create and deliver solutions.
Quite simply put, our mission in CX is to embed Design Thinking into our company’s DNA. We’re continuing to build our team with people that are motivated by the challenge to improve the way we problem-solve and make an impact for our customers and colleagues. More specifically, our team is growing with wonderful people that have strong Design Research capabilities and expertise, as well as a passion for building teams and embedding human-centric design systemically. With your help, we’ll scale this way of working and enable our company to not only achieve our customer vision, but also continuously evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs globally. This unique opportunity to make an impact around the world is just starting and it’s a great time to join and help strengthen our team.
The role of Senior Design Researcher is a key position responsible for helping to lead and drive the implementation of the Customer Experience vision across CMB, whilst also growing our people and ways of working. This role provides an opportunity to work across cross-functional teams globally and to influence the direction of our business and senior leaders. In short, you can have a direct impact on shaping key experiences for millions of customers and thousands of colleagues around the world. This role will be reporting into the Head of Design Research.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and advocating for the customers and colleagues that experiences are being designed and developed for to ensure all HSBC products and services are easy to use and help businesses to thrive.
- Lead assumption and hypothesis mapping activities with stakeholders to capture and prioritise research questions, inform research strategy and enable efficient planning and propose solutions beyond initial objectives and requirements.
- Planning, conducting and synthesis of qualitative research activities to inform decision making on CX strategy and digital design projects throughout the design lifecycle.
- Scoping quantitative research and when needed creating and analysing basic survey responses.
- Managing existing and new research insights, data and trends to ensure they remain useful and actionable by the project team and wider organisation.
- Tracking and measuring the impact of research activities and ensuring insights are actioned.
- Monitoring research budget usage and gaining additional budget approvals as needed
- Coaching and delivering training to non-researchers to understand the differences in different research approaches and participating in design research activities to ensure valid conclusions are made.
- Managing other design researchers and supporting community knowledge sharing and development activities and leading on initiatives to continue to strengthen the design research discipline within HSBC.
- Defining and operationalizing research processes to enable efficiencies across all CX workstreams
- Managing resources to achieve business targets and objectives
- Show agility and creativity in integrating design research into the work, simultaneously offering critique and new possibilities based on reasonable constraints.
- Work within risk and compliance procedures to ensure risks are identified, assessed and appropriate mitigations and controls are put in place.
The role holder will have responsibility to shape and co-create enhanced experiences, with the focus on enabling our colleagues to have the mindset, framework and tools to continuously create proven solutions for our customers and business. As a Senior Design Researcher, you’ll also have the opportunity to really bring Design Thinking into the core of our business and act as a Design Thinking coach for teams across the Corporate bank.