|Job Type:||Full Time|
The role holder will plan, execute, and finalise purchasing and procurement strategies for technology spend across the organisation. This includes acquiring resources within budget and facilitating communication between the Business and its providers in order to deliver products and services according to plan. The IT Procurement Specialist will also define the objectives of services reviews in order to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles. All activities will be in line with Group procurement guidelines and principles, ethics and sustainability objectives to deliver lowest total cost of ownership for solutions.
Qualifications & Education
- Education / Qualifications Honors degree or equivalent.
- Qualified purchasing professional (MCIPS) - desirable
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience / Knowledge of procurement legislation, supplier and contract management.
- Experience of procuring contracts.
- Experience of implementing procurement policy, procedures.
- Experience and use of procurement systems.
- Strong working knowledge of procurement processes.
- Project/programme management experience.
- Extensive expertise, having operated at both a tactical and strategic level with a strong track record of success in delivering financial savings.
- Experience of sourcing and contract management of corporate categories such as IT, HR, Legal Services.
- Previous experience of conducting business process re-engineering.
- Proven track record of working in an environment where customer needs are variable.
- Experience of implementing/working under category management-based approaches.
- Experience of tendering and managing high value contracts (exceed £1m).
- Experience of implementing best practice contract and supplier management.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.