|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateSunday 14 March 2021
Salary Range£93,150 - £124,200
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryLab Engineering Lead is a transformational leader who works collaboratively with other Lab roles to create empowered teams that are motivated to take on business problems and realise value to customers through excellence in execution. The role will work alongside the Lab PO in shaping the vision for the Lab, and as a result centre on setting the strategic direction for the engineering teams to demonstrate thought leadership on contemporary technical delivery, across the entire lifecycle, from idea to realisation of value.
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We’ve created “LBG Labs” and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
Our Insurance and Wealth Labs are focused on improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs.
About the role:
The Lab Engineering Lead works collaboratively with other Lab roles to create empowered Teams who are motivated to take on business problems and realise value to customers through excellence in execution.
The role will work alongside the Lab Product Lead in shaping the vision for the Lab, and as a result centre on setting the strategic direction for the engineering teams to demonstrate thought leadership on contemporary technical delivery, across the entire lifecycle, from idea to realisation of value.
The Engineering Lab Lead is accountable for the Run function of software systems that the Lab owns, in terms of incident, problem management and resolution, including 24x7 support. This also includes system risks, software vendor management, route to live and system design.
A core goal of the Lab Engineering Lead is to work with Lab Chapters to understand where systems need improvement and work with the Lab Product Owner to prioritise system improvements alongside the delivery of product features. This will often mean communicating the importance of system improvements in business terms so that benefits are clearly realised.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
- You’ll be responsible for improving the Labs technical position whilst working and coaching a wide variety of technical Engineering disciplines, including Software Engineers, DevOps and Quality Engineers.
- Drive a culture of learning and continuous improvement influenced by engineering best practice and a clear belief in contributing to InnerSource activities.
- Foster a Fail Fast, Learn Faster mentality within Teams to experiment and test new ways of engineering
- Act as a change agent for engineering and team culture, promoting a test and learn approach, systems thinking and user experience led design.
- Share knowledge across Chapters and across broader Value Streams via Engineering Communities and Guilds.
What we need from you:
- A visionary leader and an advocate for digital transformation
- Experience across the tech space and an understanding of the upcoming landscape (Cloud, NoCode/Low-Code, Kubernetes)
- Solid understanding Microservice Architecture and RESTful API design
- Experienced in providing Software Engineering oversight, technical and people leadership across multiple teams
- Successful in building high performing mission driven cultures
- You will inspire delivery whilst encouraging simplicity and developing confidence & trust
- Ideally you’ll attend and support local technical Meetups whilst understanding the business benefits of leveraging and contributing to Open Source projects
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday (plus Public)
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we’d love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.