|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Consulting Services is expanding the capabilities of our Mixed Reality Studio in London and are looking for passionate and talented people to join our creative journey to transform business with emerging technologies. Our team works in tight collaboration with external consumer, enterprise, and commercial partners, crafting innovative solutions that leverage both the power of the HoloLens 2, VR, mobile and Mixed Reality, as well as the deep domain expertise of our many customers. We brainstorm exciting and ground-breaking experiences and quickly build working prototypes on top of developing tech. We transform our ideas into reality, from ideation, through prototyping, to final implementation.
We are seeking a Principal Program Manager to perform the critical role of partnering with external clients to create amazing experiences. The right candidate will be able to juggle external and internal needs while creating robust plans for successful product development, including building and managing the right team, creating goals for them to execute against, and driving the creative process. This role will engage with every discipline including art, design, dev, test, and business, as well as being part of the leadership team developing the overall strategy for team, client, and product success. Excellent communication skills are a must. Confident and comfortable presenting ideas to customers and partners.
Direction and Leadership
- To provide leadership to the team of PMs in London
- To drive continual improvement of the agile processes in partnership with the creative and engineering leads aligned with MS delivery methodology
- To provide leadership across WW studio and collaboration with the Redmond Studio
- To work with PMs and Studio Lead on project resourcing decisions and WW resourcing needs
- To represent the customer and work closely with product owners in customer and design team
- To manage scope & estimations
- To focus on continual improvement within the studio, and work with leads to drive evolution of the team to improve quality and productivity
- To model and support behaviours that encourage an inclusive working environment; providing opportunities to the whole team, provide coaching and support to individuals for growth and upholding Microsoft values.
- Production Evangelist – spear head and own the detail of the studio’s development processes.
- Agile Leader – the go to person for the latest Agile techniques and metrics, presenting useful data to the team that can be fed back into the production processes. Responsible for running the agile ceremonies (planning, retrospective etc.) and ensuring that the product backlog is visible, groomed, transparent and priorities are clear (both to the team and stakeholders). Writes customer-centric features, ranks and prioritizes them and adds them to the product backlog.
- Direct the Development – the right candidate will be able to understand, reframe, and communicate highly technical, artistic, audio, and design-orientated material for both internal and external audiences using industry standard software tools, and dashboard reporting. They are responsible for ensuring that the team delivers value to the business.
- Create highly detailed schedules and agendas – you’ll need to create realistic and detailed schedules, agendas, and goals that go from the micro hour to hour, to the macro of multi-month endeavors.
- Risk & Issue Leader – understand thoroughly the implications of project’s risk, look ahead of the curve, prevent problems happening, own the risk/issue catalog and mitigations while ensuring the relevant stakeholders are made aware where appropriate.
- React to change – be quick on your feet and adjust your best laid plans when new information presents itself, which happens frequently in this creative organization.
- Track success and set clear objectives – understand that success is only possible when there’s a goal to measure against, and ensure you and your team is in sync on the goals and the criteria for success.
- Be a customer advocate – remembering that your customers are your clients, their clients, end-user customers, and your internal team mates, ensure that all needs are understood and being met. Ensure that features are not only fully functional but also deliver the customer intention and are fit for purpose.
- Communication - Communicates team status to the stakeholders. Is able to explain and, where necessary, defend the reasoning behind conscious product decisions by team. Understands customer priorities and filters them through to the team. Reviews and presents completed features to the stakeholders. Manages the expectations of the customer.
- Collaborate - Work across Microsoft’s Mixed Realities Studio, as well as collaborate with other Microsoft teams.
- Feedback - Actively seeks out, accepts and provides feedback from peers.
- 5 + years of experience managing complex projects of both large and small scale
- Multiple, high-quality, shipped consumer/enterprise products
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, marketing or related field
- Energetic self-starter using data to drive decisions
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities quickly and efficiently
- Fluent at working with schedules
- Experience building and executing strategies that engage teams and produce predictable results
- Experienced presenter with an attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Game development background is a plus
- Entrepreneurial experience or small business development a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.