Compliance Apprenticeship – Conduct, Standards and Functions and Oversight team
Level 3 Apprenticeship, graduating to a Degree Level Apprenticeship (subject to performance)
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or simply take you in an exciting new direction. HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. As a HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential, which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
This is an exciting new opportunity within our Conduct, Standards and Functions oversight team which will see successful applicants join as a Level 3 Compliance Apprentice, with the opportunity to graduate onto a Degree Level Apprenticeship subject to performance. This is an 18-month Apprenticeship programme to start, with the opportunity to continue onto a further 30-month programme (subject to performance).
We are currently seeking an individual to join this team as a Compliance Apprentice.
The jobholder will be working within the Conduct, Standards and Functions Oversight team, covering both Regulatory and Financial Crime Compliance. The key areas covered by the team are;
- Compliance support for Digital Business Services
- Compliance support for the Functions: this includes Risk, HR, Finance and many other areas that support our colleagues in their roles
- Oversight of the Conduct Framework - this ensures we focus on how we operate and make decisions, creating a culture that we can be proud of
- HSBC UK Compliance Policies and Standards - the rules that we have internally to make sure we are following the regulations
- Whistleblowing - providing channels for staff to raise concerns and investigating these issues.
Key elements of the role include;
- Supporting the team in Conduct related queries
- Supporting the roll out of a refreshed Conduct Framework
- Supporting the team with the revised Compliance policy implementation
- Providing assistance on Outsourcing materiality assessments
- Gaining an understanding of Whistleblowing and the importance of this in driving the right “Speak Up” culture for the Bank
Working with Compliance Advisory teams to gain an understanding of the Conduct challenges within their respective areas.
The base location for this role is Birmingham, but applicants from across the UK will be considered.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.