|Job Type:||Full Time|
★☆★ We are hiring in Bournemouth and we're completely open to a conversation around remote/flexible working ★☆★
The Cybersecurity Intelligence Group (CIG) holds the global mandate to collect, analyse and disseminate impactful threat intelligence to JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) decision makers. CIG is central to JPMC’s intelligence-driven defense against sophisticated cyber intrusions, and an integral part of its global incident response capability.
As a CIG analyst you will be investigating sophisticated cyber activity driven by well-resourced and determined threat actor groups. You will conduct proactive research into emerging threats and generate forward-looking assessments as to their trajectory. Your colleagues and senior managers in Cybersecurity Operations will need to have absolute confidence that your assessments are underpinned by rigorous analysis, because the intelligence you produce will guide decision making at the highest levels of the firm.
The work we do is varied, so the requirements of the role are multifaceted. An interest in security, technology and current affairs is a must, as is the ability to articulate complex information with clarity and brevity. CIG is a close knit team that works with international partners from across Cybersecurity Operations, JPMC lines of business (LOBs), and external organisations. A collaborative, team-first mindset is essential for our success. A solid understanding of intelligence process and analysis, ideally gained from within the U.K. intelligence community, would put you at a distinct advantage. Experience of applying that experience at a financial institution would be even better.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a forward-looking view of the cyber threat landscape as it relates to JPMC and the wider financial sector, predicting shifts in adversarial intent, goals and strategic objectives.
- Contributing to and delivering regular written and verbal briefings for global cybersecurity and LOB partners.
- Providing detailed analysis of cyber events and their relevance to JPMC or the wider financial sector.
- Collaborating with adjacent teams across cybersecurity operations to augment investigations into complex cybersecurity events.
- Maintaining detailed threat actor profiles on adversaries of interest to the firm, covering their tactics, techniques and procedures, motivations, goals and strategic objectives.
This role requires the following essential qualifications and capabilities:
- Critical reasoning and analytical skills, evidenced by either a Bachelor's Degree in a subject like Computer Science, Maths, International Relations, History etc, or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- A genuine interest in cybersecurity, evidenced by an understanding of recent cyber trends, campaigns, incidents and threat actor groups.
- A genuine interest in current affairs and international relations, evidenced by an understanding of geopolitical dynamics as they relate to state-sponsored intelligence operations.
- The ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to a range of different audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- An understanding of the intelligence cycle, analysis methodologies and processes.
- Intelligence community experience, or comparable private sector experience.
- Proficiency in another language besides English.
- Financial sector experience.
The successful candidate will also need to learn to use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening, which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm’s cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group’s number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
As a flexible employer, we are open to exploring how we can balance the needs of both you, our customers, clients and stakeholders, whilst maintaining well-being for our employees and what works for you and your commitments.
© 2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
So, if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.