|Job Type:||Full Time|
Credit Technology is focussed on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit Trading business where JP Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 300 people globally that partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly to the trading desks. Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are looking to hire a VP experienced Agility Lead to support Credit & PF Technology team to deliver outstanding outcomes.
The Agility Lead drives Agile adoption that results in quality product delivery and continuous improvement. They embrace agility as a practice. The Agility Lead is responsible for removing impediments that hinder the team from reaching their goals and has a flexible approach that enables the team to rapidly respond to changes.
This role will play a critical role as a strategic partner to our Product Owners driving continuous optimization across Credit Technology. You will identify opportunities for operational/team improvements and increase the effectiveness of agile ways of working in the organization through coaching, influencing and participating in Community of Practice activities. As a Scrum Master you will be an important culture carrier for change, who models the right behaviors and helps to create a shared sense of purpose, leadership and accountability with and for the initiative and team.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the delivery of multiple strategic technology programs. You must be able to make a significant and effective contribution to the development and implementation of strategy and policy and therefore must possess a detailed knowledge of technology architecture principles and software development practices and tools, including direct experience of working within an agile software engineering organization. The successful candidate must be comfortable in working in a high pressure, challenging role while owning delivery, execution and user engagement.
- Support the creation of the new Transformation & Agility organisation for Credit Technology to agile & product operating model, including use of JIRA to drive BoW discussions and backlog management.
- Analysing, tracking and reporting variance against the agreed baseline to spot early signs of risk to delivery and ensuring appropriate data is included in portfolio governance and communications to drive transparency and decision making.
- Champions and coaches on the benefits of working in an agile manner to all employees and all levels of Sr. Leadership within span of influence
- Mentors and coaches Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Development Teams across Credit Technology responsible for driving continuous improvement to reduce waste, drive efficiencies and improve the overall effectiveness of agile
- Builds productive relationships amongst Product Owners, Product Team members, stakeholders and Development Team(s) and follows through on commitments to gain trust and respect
- Help the Product Owner and the team organize around OKRs to measure transformation success
- Applies self-organization skills to facilitate cross-functional collaboration, effective communication, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Working with other Scrum Masters (via. Community of Practices) to increase the effectiveness of agile ways of working in the organization.
- Foster Team adoption of shared accountability and ownership of problems end to end.
- Facilitate the team to focus on self-organisation and self-management
Required Skills & Experience
- Technology leadership and practical delivery experience in a FO environment
- Experience in leading Agile Transformation/Scrum Master with understanding of Agile frameworks. Working knowledge of collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Share Point.
- Track record of leading agile product roadmap championing delivery for large scale initiatives such as electronic trading, horizontal risk or regulatory change.
- Ability to flex approach based on the needs of the team/organization
- Estimation and Planning skills to help the Team to ensure they have a healthy backlog
- In-depth understanding and expertise in Stakeholder management across business and technology; experience leading large scale change management initiatives.
- Experience coaching and facilitating large teams and senior leaders
- Program governance and cross asset budgeting
- Product knowledge for Credit or equivalent FO asset class
- Experience with trade lifecycle workflows in an execution lead capacity