|Job Type:||Full Time|
The EMEA Equities Prime Finance is comprised of the stock borrow loan and the prime brokerage businesses, providing hedge fund and institutional clients the ability to obtain financing of their securities, purchase securities using margin loan facilities, and borrow securities to facilitate short positions. Other Prime Finance activities include market making in equity Futures/Forwards, ETFs and Single Stocks, delivering equity performance to clients through swaps as well as offering flexible financing to clients through synthetic products. A further role of the Prime Finance business is to provide the wider Equities businesses with both short term and long term secured funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production and review of the daily P&L
- Understand and explain daily P&L variances vs estimates, investigating and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Month end close procedures and production of month end P&L
- Review P&L with FO to obtain sign-off and for any ad hoc requests and queries. First point of contact for FO.
- Additional liaison with other areas across Operations, VCG and technology development groups and point of contact for downstream issues.
- Liaison with other Finance groups to help investigate any issues around monitoring and review of the general ledger to reported P&L and month-end reporting and substantiation
- Drive forward control agenda: P&L adjustment monitoring, investigation and escalation; process improvements
- Manage projects and initiatives related to all of the above as well as larger cross-business programmes
- Be an active part of the team, coming up with ideas and suggestions for improvements
- Relevant work experience preferred
- Accounting / Control experience with professional qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA) preferred
- Secured financing transactions or prime brokerage experience preferable
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills – ability to relay information in a concise and understanding manner
- Professional attitude, strong team player and personable / approachable manner
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively to tight deadlines
- Analytical and logical manner; good at problem solving and devising solutions
- Proven track record of delivering high quality results within tight deadlines; ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrable experience identifying and implementing process improvements
- Investigative mind-set, able to see issues at both a high level and in detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience with creating documentation
- Energetic self-starter who takes ownership
- Strong team player, comfortable working with all levels of the organization
- Strong technical skills in using Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Previous P&L control experience a plus