|Job Type:||Full Time|
GoCardless is creating the world’s first payment network for bank transfers, to rival credit and debit cards. Our mission is to break down barriers so businesses can take payments directly from customers’ bank accounts, anywhere in the world, in any currency.
We’ve re-invented Direct Direct in Europe, providing a simple way to collect recurring payments online. More than 50,000 businesses already use GoCardless, from accountancy firms, gyms and travel operators, to tech start-ups and global SaaS providers.
With our powerful API, our global network of software partners and the backing of our incredible investors, we’re now taking next-generation bank transfers to businesses around the world.
This role is the right hand to the CRO, you’ll have exposure to both the planning and implementation of our revenue strategy and GoCardless has big growth plans for 2021. We hire the best people to do their jobs and actively ensure they have the freedom to do so. You’ll be managing an all-star team of 8 who maintain our systems and processes for the Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing functions, oversee our enablement strategy and deployment and all sales operation functions such as commission, comp, reporting and contracting.
We practice what we preach and we’re looking for a solid people manager with experience in ensuring teams are well supported, whilst setting a clear and ambitious roadmap. Whilst the team is based in the UK, we work with Global functions across the US, APAC, and EMEA to ensure that each region is supported by staying close to the needs of each market so flexibility is required.
We partner with a wide range of teams within the business, you’ll need to have strong communication skills to ensure all stakeholders are kept up to date and the multiple demands of the team are manageable and prioritized effectively.
- As an expert you’ll be required to advise on how we maximise the efficiency of our reps and get access to the right data to make long-term decisions.
- We maintain a strong relationship with our Finance team and as we move to a multi-product solution, you’ll be working with the pricing team providing insight and guidance on our packages and what’s possible within our CRM.
- You’ll need to have a passion for data, as we’ve spent 2020 building an infrastructure for scale, we now need to ensure the insights are available to the right people at the right time.
- Our advanced tech stack requires strong relationships with all our suppliers to ensure we can cope with the demands of our scale-up phase.
- You’ll have a strong vision for how Sales Enablement can be transformative to the business and experience executing that vision.
- Above all else you must be an expert in what’s possible within Salesforce and how our tech can efficiently support the processes of our team.
- A first hand understanding of the nuance, tradeoffs and complexities involved in building a world class commercial team along with the stresses, pressures and demands of being an Individual Contributor. You need to know how to see the world through the team’s eyes.
- Solid Salesforce Admin foundation, preferably certified.
- Comfortable in leveraging the SFDC object model for advanced reporting, while familiar with the limitations of SFDC reporting.
- Understanding of the process automation possibilities and pitfalls through hands-on experience with validation rules, workflow, process builder, flow and all other elements in the order of execution.
- Solid grasp of revenue capabilities, processes and technology that enables smooth revenue operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Success in this role will in large part be steered by your ability to connect with stakeholders and drive consensus.
- Strong Business acumen and a data-driven approach to ensure we make the right decisions swiftly.
- 5 years+ team experience in a similar role and evidence of supporting direct reports through complex projects.
- A servant leadership mentality with relentless focus on making your team successful.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record for delivering results on large, cross-functional, international milestone projects.
- Very high level of proficiency in revenue reporting with attention to detail and focus on accuracy and predictability.
- Strong project management capabilities and a firm understanding of comp plan and quota deployment planning.
- Experience with Kluster, Looker, Sales Loft, Xactly, Conga, SpringCM, Salesforce CPQ, Einstein and various data providers.
- Experience managing sales operations in businesses of more than £100m turnover selling more than one product.
- Experience walking in the shoes of our ICs, carrying a quota at one point in your career would be ideal.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.