|Location:||Tyne and Wear|
Location: We are happy to consider applicants from any UK location local to a Mott MacDonald office, with a preference for one of our "IT hubs" that includes; Brighton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Southampton or Glasgow.
Fixed Term: Please note, we are offering this position as an initial 12 month fixed term contract, however there may be possibility of extension thereafter.
We are looking for an IT Project Manager with relevant experience to act as the key interface between the stakeholders in the projects, while managing the scope, budget, timeline, resource, quality and benefits of the projects. This includes co-ordination and administration of tasks; resources (including third-party contractors or consultants) where appropriate; documentation; and project plans in order to deliver projects according to plan, stakeholder and sponsor management, reporting and project financial management. The IT Project Manager reports to the IT Manager - Portfolio Management and takes direction from the Head of Project Delivery in managing global projects, size ranging from small to large, and across multiple different disciplines.
The key elements to the role are Project Management, Stakeholder Management and Project Document Management:
- Define and track project scope, budget, timeline, resource, quality and benefits.
- Project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, closure.
- Define and assignment of work packages to project resources.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Coach, mentor and motivate project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Track and monitor project benefits.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Effective communication between project stakeholders, ensuring open communication in the team.
- Provide clarity on individual stakeholder roles and responsibilities, setting the expectation right.
- Building stakeholder relationships to increase confidence across the project environment, minimize uncertainty, and speed problem solving and decision making.
Project Document Management
- Develop project plan, project tracker, project highlight report, stage gate deck, project kick off and closure deck, exception report, change request and closure report with lesson learnt.
- Maintain and update of project documents.
- Ensure project documents adhere to the IT Project Delivery Team standards and templates.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.