|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: We are happy to consider applicants from any UK location local to a Mott MacDonald office, with a preference for one of our "IT hubs" that includes; Brighton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Southampton or Glasgow.
The IT Manager - Business Applications is responsible for overseeing the support for Mott MacDonald's Business Applications consisting of our ERP and related systems. Working as part of the global Business Applications Management team within the IT department, the Manager will oversee the support of existing technology and workflows as well as lead in the implementation of emerging technologies. This role will assist with management of resources, maintenance regimes, and support escalations of applications from vendors such as Deltek and SAP. In this role, the manager will oversee the service landing of applications by coordinating with other IT and Project teams.
The key elements to the role are Team Management and IT Service Delivery & Operations
- Manage a team of specialists for Business Applications including Deltek, Lawson, SAP SuccessFactors and other related systems.
- Ensure license compliance and management processes are in place.
- Research and Development of new services.
- Ensure processes are in place for the implementation of upgrades and migration to future application versions and services.
IT Service Delivery & Operations
- Collaborate with project and program teams on the delivery of new systems and functionality, in particular relating to our ERP and HCM system deployments.
- Work with third party suppliers to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Work with internal and external teams to implement service improvements Act as an escalation point for issues raised with 3rd party vendors on incident escalation and problem management.
- Ensure application testing is completed satisfactorily for all changes
- Ensure all related applications are kept up-to-date on the IT Service Catalogue.
- Liaise between the Service Desk and Operational Teams to Improve knowledge and capability within IT team to support applications.
- Ensure Knowledge based articles are created and maintained to the correct technical standard.
- Provide written documentation, updates, and root cause analysis on incidents, and resolutions.
- Interact directly with project teams to gather, document and implement requirements.
- Ensure systems are Monitored to ensure optimum service availability.
- Participate in projects to implement new service offerings, acting as Project Manager on smaller elements of work.
- Ensure all systems are monitored and maintain the system performance.
- Oversee the maintenance and technical support documentation, support and provide fixes on applications to the agreed SLA's.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.