|Location:||Brighton and Hove|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Within our Water Consultancy Division (WCD), the South MEICA team forms part of the wider MEICA community within the UK. It is a dynamic and continually developing team based on the prospects and significant wins to date; we have multiple clients (utilities & others), both locally (south region) and UK wide but also supports other sectors such as the Environment Agency, and Power colleagues who are based in the same office.
You will undertake electrical and ICA (EICA) design across all design stages of water and wastewater schemes both infrastructure and non-infrastructure as part of a multidisciplinary team.
You will be keen to support younger / graduate EICA engineer(s) to further develop the capability in the South region by supporting the local lead EICA and other established, key persons within the team.
We provide MEICA support to a variety of water projects undertaken UK-wide and potentially internationally, so you should ideally be flexible to visit other offices and sites as needed subject to any travel restrictions.
Typical duties include:
- Preparation of, or supervision of preparation of, drawings for plant general arrangements, power single line diagrams, cable block diagrams, instrumentation loop diagrams, P&IDs, control system architecture drawings, and cable, instrument and I/O schedules at detailed design level;
- Production of documentation, including user requirement specifications /control philosophies, tender documentation (including particular electrical and ICA specifications), schedules and design reports;
- Attendance of factory and site acceptance tests provide technical advice and guidance;
- Undertaking asset condition surveys;
- Supporting local leads in developing team and work via technical support, client-facing & other.
We are looking for someone that has the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experienced electrical engineer, working towards / close to Chartered or Incorporated status;
- Good technical knowledge of your field, able to advise other disciplines regarding aspects of their design as it impacts electrical engineering issues;
- Able to demonstrate a broad experience in LV (HV would be advantage) distribution systems, motor control centres / control panels, electrical installation, SCADA and telemetry systems;
- Able to write and deliver electrical design outputs across all design stages;
- Be a good, collaborative communicator with colleagues, , able to support / develop younger engineers and support business leaders on prospects & practice technical excellence.