|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high-performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you'll affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access to the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
Market Data Services is looking for a infrastructure engineer to work as part of the Global Engineering team. This individual will develop and support a number of home grown and open source solutions designed to support the needs of the consumers throughout the Bank, as well as contributing to Open Source projects.
Individual capabilities and responsibilities will include:
- Working within a team construct to vet and implement critical solutions
- Capable of find a balance between best of breed and cost effective solutions
- Act as a positive team player that is capable of accepting different intellectual points of view
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and articulate problems and provide input into solutions
- Able to defend proposed solutions and take on constructive feedback
- Provide 3rd level support to operational roles
- A respect for strong process and control management disciplines
- Agility - be ready to quickly refine good ideas and sacrifice bad ones without taking offence
- Be focused on a goal, not the specifics of the code you author
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Market Data Services Engineering Team in Glasgow where you will be accountable for configuring and deploying Market Data Trading applications or Connectivity bridging solutions e.g. Eikon, Bloomberg, Solace, OpenMAMA etc.
- Strong background working with Linux systems, ideally with a focus on high frequency, low latency performance.
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP Routing and subnets, including Multicast
- Demonstrated proficiency with a scripting/coding language(s) - Perl, Python, Ruby, shell
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, professional, and courteous manner, both written and verbal, at a level commensurate with the level of the audience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic environment
- Self-motivated, innovative, and a proven self-starter
- Working knowledge of Java and/or C++ a strong benefit
- Experience migrating applications to AWS
- Experience of working in Financial Services Industry
- Experience and understanding of Market Data and related Vendor products e.g. TREP, Vela, RedLine, Bloomberg BPIPE, Solace, AMPS, Eikon and related connectivity bridges a strong plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with a configuration management tools - Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc.
- Ability to partner and drive external vendors in order to achieve business deliverables
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of database structure and access techniques