|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
We are an established partner for organisations across the Pharma, Biotech and Medtech space. We support clients in the Life Sciences sector in bringing new products to market and in leveraging technology to solve their business challenges.
Our work in this space covers the end-to-end innovation process and spans from the development of new diagnostic and therapy-delivery technologies, to the improvement of manufacturing processes for new therapies, to the development of new digital solutions and technology strategies for our clients (and more).
As the Biotech market is constantly growing driven by scientific and technological advancements (such as new sequencing technologies, cell & gene therapies and AI to name a few) and clear unmet needs, we are growing our team in this space to ensure our capabilities and resources are always best-in-class to enable us to continue to bring ingenuity and innovation in this sector.
To support our growth ambition, we are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager. The individual will be responsible for driving additional growth through developing strong relationships with key organisations in the Biotech arena. Through these relationships we are expecting to grow significantly, with a sizeable proportion of our revenue coming from Insights and your role will also involve supporting the development of propositions that meet the needs of our target clients.
This is a great time to be joining an established consultancy, rapidly scaling start-up its innovative solutions and a rare opportunity to build something very exciting over the next 2 – 5 years. We are a purpose-driven organisation looking to bring ingenuity and innovation in the Biotech sector. In joining our Healthcare & Life Sciences team at PA Consulting you will have the opportunity to take ownership of our sales and build this exciting part of our business.
What we're looking for
The successful people will lead new business development and sales for this part of the business. They will identify new business opportunities across existing and new clientele and take the lead in developing those opportunities to deliver business growth.
It is expected the post holder will be able to work independently, developing excellent relationships with stakeholders internally and externally and delivering growth within the framework of the highest customer service and business standards.
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing clients
- Understand and being able to present PA offering in the Biotech and broader Health and Life Science space
- Identify opportunities
- Take responsibilities in the development of sales, plans
- Being recognised as an expert in the Biotech space
- Honours degree and demonstrable sales results
- Deep and broad knowledge of the Biotech sector (market trends, technologies, players, dynamics, etc.)
- Strong network in the Biotech space (both UK and US) with track record of selling work into this sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong and credible relationships at a senior level across the Biotech industry
- Excellent judgement, and the ability to act autonomously in the interests of the business
- Financial planning skills, including ability to successfully write Proposals and Sales business cases
- Ability to produce clear and concise written material, including the analysis of data, using appropriate IT packages including spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- Strong management skills, with a proven record of motivating staff
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure with excellent personal organisation and time management
- Innovative and dynamic
- Analytical and able to resolve highly complex problems
- Self-motivated and resilient, with the ability to persevere in order to achieve objectives
- Proven experience of working successfully as part of a team
- Proven staff management experience with the ability to gain their support, motivate and develop them
Experience in providing services and/or undertaking work in the following:
- Commercial strategy
- Technical due diligence/ technical evaluation/ LM&A
- Technology landscaping/ technology strategy/Technology Road mapping
- Market landscaping and assessment in LS (Pharma, Biotech, etc)
- Disease insight and content
- Hooks into product and process development/ Regulatory advisory
- Innovation strategy for LS
- Experience in using scientific databases
- Some exposure to KOL interviews for research purposes
- Experience in the Cell & Gene Therapy sector
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.