About the Role
This is a great opportunity to join our IT Security team as an Information Security Delivery Manger! As well as successfully delivering all of our cyber security projects, you will support across various teams Abcam Digital and the broader business, providing SME insight into assessments, testing and risk mitigation. You will manage the overall security program portfolio as well as the wider engagement dependencies with interdependent projects. You will manage the demand on the architecture, design and operational security teams.
Key responsibilities: -
- Overall responsibility for security assessments and testing activities, deliverables, change management & resources across various programs.
- Responsible for the security testing program across all projects driven by security as well as those dependant on security.
- Delivery for all internal cyber security projects, to time budget and quality.
- Responsible for resource alignment between first line and infosec teams when delivering operational based projects.
- Responsible for security handoff process to service and operational teams.
- Develop mitigation plans to support identified project risks
- Manage 3rd party integration plans and risks across security projects
- You enjoy taking the lead and produce quality work with minimal guidance.
- You are willing to take on activities that stretch you beyond your job role, an opportunist who finds the positive side of a challenge.
- A mindset that considers solutions prior to presenting challenges
- An ambitious, career driven person who understands the value they bring to Abcam and how it will support them long term in the career path.
- You collaboratively work with 3rd parties and handle challenging relationships with diplomacy and balance.
About Your Experience
- Relevant certifications CISM, CISSP, CRISC, TOGAF, PMP, ITIL
- Experience with data security and data privacy related compliance frameworks
- A good understanding of security methodologies, NIST, SANS or other ISMS
- Excellent planning, organisational and problem-solving skills, with an analytical mindset
- Demonstrative experience managing large, complex security projects and programs
- The ability to effectively communicate both technical & non-technical security value and risk
- Aptitude for assessing security related issues and requirements from both a business and infosec perspective
- Significant experience in security with focus on delivery, project management, information security governance and an understanding of cyber resilience planning and incident management
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full pay maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave. A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment. What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.