|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transaction Reporting Server (TRS) is a Prime Brokerage application that accepts post-execution trade information for many clients. Trades can be reported via file, message (Swift & MQ) and user interface. Users are given complete transparency into the status of the trades and files being processed by TRS at all stages. TRS validates, normalizes and routes trades to the appropriate back-office and middle-office systems supporting Equity Derivatives, Equity and Fixed Income Prime Brokerage. In order to achieve this, TRS is a high performance trade capture and processing platform integrated into many internal applications, providing workflow and business logic to the trades.
Our Global Technology team is spread across multiple geographic locations so effective communication is essential to ensure collaboration. Likewise, our various stakeholders will need to be kept informed with all aspects of the project, so you must be able to demonstrate deep technical knowledge and the ability to share ideas in a clear and concise manner for a diverse audience of technologists and business users.
- You will participate in developing and modernising existing products to rapidly meet business requirements.
- You will maintain a focus on delivering high quality products that add value to customers.
- You will partner with developers to ensure consistent integration of services across teams.
- You will have accountability for unit-level design, coding, unit testing, integration testing and security, as well as participating in the full SDLC.
- You will be required to engage in peer review to ensure a high degree of code quality.
- You will be expected to contribute to product design and process improvement to maximise team productivity.
- You will need to engage with management to ensure that products are delivered in a timely manner.
- You will be required to maintain and support live products to ensure defects are quickly dealt with and services do not suffer unnecessary outages.
- We are looking for a passionate hands-on developer who has a commitment to solve problems. You will have experience in developing high performance, multi-tier systems that can handle large data sets.
- You demonstrate exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A strong understanding of object-orientated design, Java, data structures, multi-threading and unit testing is essential.
- You have experience of writing efficient queries against Oracle, Sybase or any other major RDBMS.
- Strong communication, organizational, and collaboration skills are required, as is the ability to work independently.
- You are dedicated to improving processes, culture and yourself by keeping up to date with industry developments.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/.
Over the past 200 years, we’ve been committed to building the best and most respected financial services company in the world. To achieve this, we embrace change and innovation, while staying true to the values on which our company was founded. Ideas are always welcome. Be ready to share yours. Further information about J.P. Morgan’s careers is available at http://careers.jpmorgan.com/careers
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement