|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
We are looking for experienced BI Engineers, from mid-level to Principal. As an experienced data professional you’ll bring your expertise to bear on our growing business, building out our data capabilities. Your key contribution will be to define and build GoCardless’s core data models to provide the foundations for BI excellence and downstream data-hungry teams and tools. You’ll create the underpinning models that enable deep insight into a fast-growing business and do so with scale and resilience in mind from day one. You’ll help people in all areas of GoCardless make better, faster, more data-driven decisions and develop an expert knowledge of all areas of our operation.
You’ll sit in our Product Development team and will work with technical and non-technical people across the whole company. You’ll collaborate closely with our team of talented BI Analysts, designing and implementing the foundations they need to provide first class analysis to the business.
The main elements of this role will involve:
- Developing coherent and performant data models that transforms large, complex and disparate datasets into the basis for explorable, understandable and accurate data products
- Building end-to-end BI solutions from ETL through to data modelling and on to front end dashboards
- Collaborating with engineers to prototype, design and build pipelines which take raw data from production systems and deliver them in a format suitable for analytic workloads
- Supporting people across the company to enable them to self-serve Business Intelligence through BI tools - we’re using dbt and Looker at GoCardless.
- Building BI tooling that fully leverages the capabilities of Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery
- Collaborating with BI Analysts and other data teams to create a data architecture that powers their deep-dive analysis to both test specific hypotheses and generate new business insights
- Collaborating with our team of Data Infrastructure Engineers to design and implement ingestion pipelines for new data sources, leveraging their tooling to expand the breadth of the GoCardless data warehouse
Who we’re looking for
- You can point to a solid track record as a developer of first class data tooling
- You’re a self-starter - you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve problems with data
- You’re used to sharing your technical work in a clear way to others around you
- You can turn complex business requirements into scalable, robust, explorable data products
- You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you’re working with
- You’ll have experienced the technical problems of setting up self-serve BI and be interested in the technology behind the scenes
- You’ll be able to demonstrate how you have automated repetitive tasks and built robust ETL pipelines
- You have commercial experience in a fast moving company
- You have excellent SQL skills and experience of scripting languages like Python
- Experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. BigQuery, Snowflake) and working with data at significant scale
- You have a firm grasp of self-serve data tools like Looker, Tableau, QlikView or similar. We’re using Looker at GoCardless.
- You can communicate your work clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are as comfortable sourcing data from third party APIs as you are with discussing data modelling approaches
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.