|Location:||Tyne and Wear|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
The Energy Unit, specifically the Transmission & Distribution division are recruiting an HVDC Project Engineer to join our HVDC team in the UK. You'll work with the existing HVDC team on all matters and projects relating to HVDC projects. You will also be expected to provide technical expertise into bids and proposals and to represent the company in client meetings as appropriate.
Actual work load will be dictated by the business but in the main will consist of scope for typical HVDC project lifecycle:
* Feasibility Studies
* Optioneering Studies
* Specification preparation
* Technical Bid Review
* Design Assurance
* Design Review
* Site and FAT visits
* OEM Support Services
* Site pre commissioning and commissioning oversight supervision
* Due Diligence
* Technical expert services
* Some original design may also be involved.
* Provide technical and project engineering management support for the successful delivery of multi-discipline HVDC Interconnector projects
* Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the contract to the satisfaction of the client, and are in line with programme, quality and margins
* Contribute to project planning and scheduling and making sure that any deviations are identified and confirmed with the client in a timely manner
* Coordinate across project disciplines, external subcontractors and remote offices such that technical risks are identified and mitigated, and all statutory and regulatory requirements are met
* Have an interest to actively develop external (client) and internal relationships and be prepared take part in working groups such as CIGRE, IET and other professional bodies
* Be able to demonstrate an understanding of HVDC Station Engineering, Control & Protection and System Studies
Candidates will be able to demonstrate a significant knowledge of HVDC technology along with a grounding in general transmission engineering. They will be professionally qualified electrical engineers who have attained or are working towards chartership.