|Job Type:||Full Time|
Working within our transportation division in Birmingham, you will be responsible for:
* Achieving the delivery of projects within budget
* Working in accordance with the direction of the project manager
* Delivery of projects in line with the customer objectives and contracted scope of works
* Implementing the management of an Estimate in conjunction with design project management and third party input.
* Taking part in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
* Assisting in the preparation of monthly management reports/liaison with the portfolio manager
* Assisting in securing new and repeat business in line with the sub-divisional budget
* Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
* Assisting in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
* Preparation of standard documentation - reports, letters, financial statements etc.
* Preparation of Estimates as required
* Assisting with the analysis of business cases, prepare reports at all stages of budget setting
* Assisting in the settlement of construction disputes by providing and evaluating cost data and prepare and agree final accounts
* Producing financial fee report for post contract review
* Ensuring that estimates are aligned to any programme and risk criteria
* Assisting in developing and maintaining estimate management good practise and upholding high standards within the team in a client facing environment
* Attendance at design team and progress meetings as necessary
* Contract administration as necessary
We would like to hear from experienced Estimators who have:
A degree in an engineering, construction management, quantity surveying or other relevant degree
ACostE/MRICS/MCIOB qualified or working towards
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues
Familiarity with an existing estimating package CANDY, CONQUEST CAUSEWAY COST EX etc
Extensive experience of working on water and pipeline projects preferred
The successful candidate will:
Develop a skilled appreciation of the CANDY estimating tool and its relationship with key client management systems such as EES
Understand how TOTEX (total expenditure) is calculated using capital expenditure, operational expenditure, whole life cost and embedded / operational carbon values to provide whole life cost solutions to our clients
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.