Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2020 and beyond, we are currently seeking an Apple MacOS Platform Security Senior Specialist to join HSBC Technology.
The Apple MacOS Platform Security Senior Specialist will be a member of the Global Cybersecurity Technology team, and will serve as the security subject matter expert (SME) for MacOS devices within the bank. This team is responsible for identifying, developing and deploying global cybersecurity controls across the estate leveraging the firm’s assets, network and data to identify threats. This role will partner heavily with IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) and support the end-to-end secure deployment of security technologies across the firm as well as leading and attracting talent to build a world class team.
- Developing and maintaining security policies and Security Standards related to Apple MacOS systems
- Designing and implementing, in partnership with other domain SMEs, security control implementations on MacOS endpoints, including AntiVirus, EDR, DLP, encryption, and logging
- Working with other teams, both within and outside Cybersecurity, to implement network, data, and other security controls
- Advising on best practices and security aspects of the Apple Enterprise deployment and management, including Apple Push Notification Service (APNs).
- Implementing and maintaining an effective engagement model across all regions, global businesses, and global functions.
- Researching, engaging, and managing third party vendors where relevant to support functional objectives.
- Working with security start-ups, as well as more established companies, to support design partnerships and shape product/service offerings to meet the requirements of the bank.
- Provide thought leadership to the function and broader Cybersecurity organization, driving transformational change and capability uplift across the bank.
- Collaborate with various layers of management across Cybersecurity and other IT teams to develop solutions that protect the organization.
- Design and drive the implementation of service offerings, capability uplifts, and process improvements to protect the bank for a continuously changing threat landscape.