|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
This is a customer facing role, supporting the overall technical relationship between the customer and Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Applications Development team. You will manage the Cloud Infrastructure and Azure Applications Development technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success engaging on technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
Key responsibilities include:
Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions).
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate.
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers.
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
Experiences Required - Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- Professional Experience – Experience of project deployment, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications.
- Relationship Building. Track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required.
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies.
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Architects and Engineers).
- Experience with On-Prem, cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud).
Subject matter expertise in any of the following is preferred:
- Cloud infrastructure solutions, design, best practices and/or cloud adoption frameworks (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BC/DR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies, data center migration, VDI solutions, virtual network appliances).
- Cloud application design, software architecture and practices, development solutions, scalable solution architectures, container orchestration and/or application modernization for Public Cloud (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure for DevOps, Jenkins, SCRUM, ALM, C#, Java, PHP, Python, Azure App Service, API Management, serverless technologies).
- Competitive Landscape - Knowledge of cloud platforms.
- Partners - Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. If this opportunity feels interesting to you but you have questions about how you can make a new role work in the context of other commitments then reach out to us, we'd love to talk about the flexible working options we have available. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. We are happy to share how we are investing in our employees to help promote this diverse workforce. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.