|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Our dedicated ‘Smarter Investments’ team combines strategy, economics and financial expertise and experience to help secure investment in public sector infrastructure and technology. We have a market-leading reputation for securing agreement to high-profile investments and delivering high-quality, cost-effective solutions for our clients.
Our team has developed business cases for £50 billion of public sector investment over the last three years, including:
- Highly contentious hospital estate business cases, supporting public consultation through to decision making.
- Technology-enabled adult social care across local government.
- A new delivery model for driver theory test, fit for the digital age.
- Complex weapon support programmes.
- The redevelopment of a major London train station.
What we're looking for
We are looking for consultants who have a good understanding of business cases and their practical application in both the design and delivery of complex transformation programmes within the Public Sector, covering healthcare, transport, defence, central and local government, and delivery organisations. You will have a passion for using business case processes and economics to support evidence-based decision-making aimed at maximising the benefits realised through investment in public services.
The successful candidate(s) will need to think strategically, interacting with senior clients to communicate technical concepts in a compelling and accessible way. You should be familiar with business case methodology and using financial and economic models. You will have a strong track record of working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver tangible outcomes.
- Experience of developing large (>£100m) public sector business cases for capital investment.
- Experience of using HM Treasury Green Book and business case standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience of using MS Excel and other modelling tools.
- The ability to balance strategic, big picture, problem solving with project management disciplines.
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Experience within one of more of the following areas:
- Better Business Cases™ accreditation.
- Experience of developing commercial models for large capital investments.
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org