|Job Type:||Full Time|
This senior role will support the ongoing growth of the business for the Transport Planning team located in our Cambridge, Croydon and Central London offices.
You will focus on growth of our transport planning and engineering capability to support the transport planning business You will be part of the senior team responsible for business development and customer liaison for the London, South East and East England area. You will also support team development and management and providing technical and project directorship. The role will require close working with other parts of the Transport Planning business specifically and across the wider UK business overall.
You will focus on growth of our transport planning and engineering capability to support the transport planning business. You will be part of the senior team responsible for business development and customer liaison for the London, South East and East England area. You will also support team development and management through providing both technical and project directorship. The role will require close working with other parts of the Transport Planning business specifically and across the wider UK business overall.
The primary purpose of the role is to grow and deliver the team's business across region. You will work closely with your counterparts in the other UK regions supporting the national Surface Transport Account Leaders. As part of this senior management team, you will be expected to direct, manage and mentor Project Managers, and to take accountability for the relevant client performance
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the teams' wider portfolio of UK and international projects.
Current projects include:
- Cambridge Transport Strategy
- HS2 Connectivity
- Transport policy development in various locations
- A diverse range of transport planning and support work for London and South East local authorities
- Development planning and development control support for a range of private and public clients
A key part of the business will be relationships with clients and working in multi-disciplinary teams where Mott MacDonald provides a variety of engineering, environment, transport planning, costing and related services. You will also have responsibility for developing relationships across those streams (as well as networking internally), as it relates to the growth of the Integrated Transport Division and specifically our transport planning business in this area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Securing and delivering a transport planning and engineering design work stream
- Managing / directing project teams on projects including transport aspects of developments and major transport infrastructure
- Ensuring quality delivery to industry and client standards and best practice guidelines and quality assurance procedures
- Expanding our external and internal markets
- Business development, leading proposal writing and interviews and presentations
- Liaison with clients and other project stakeholders
- Leading negotiations with local and national highway and planning authorities
- Growing, developing and mentoring team members including skills transfer and training
- Leading and encouraging professional excellence activities
As a Transport Planning professional, you have substantive in-depth technical experience in taking responsibility for transport planning or engineering elements of major, complex development and transport infrastructure proposals. You've worked with private and/or public sector organisations ideally within a consultancy environment and have taken on project delivery, leadership, customer liaison and commercial & contract management responsibilities. You have a background in successful business development initiatives across London and the South East and have been able to lead a portfolio of projects and clients. Additionally, you have experience in successfully negotiation with highways, infrastructure and planning authorities through your strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Membership of a relevant professional institution (or chartered with a relevant institution)
- Experience in commercial and contract management
- A commitment to providing high quality solutions and advice to clients.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships, developing business, motivating and developing team members to raise our profile
Due to the regional nature of this role, you are able to spend time working from the three offices in the London, South East and East England region (Central London, Croydon and Cambridge).
Although not essential, any experience in expert witness or holding a masters/post graduate degree qualification in a transport or engineering related subject would be beneficial.
We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.