About the role:
The Digital Product Manager – Data is responsible for the development and delivery of a critical part of our digital product landscape, ensuring product quality and alignment with our overall product vision & strategy.
You will be accountable for multiple Data assets across Abcam, principally customer, product and reference data, which hold strategic value and you will oversee multi-disciplinary teams organised around that strategy. This role reports into the Director of Data Management within the Data and Advanced Analytics team, in Abcam Digital. This role includes full accountability for the value that Data delivers in support of Abcam’s vision and mission, leadership of all aspects of its life-cycle from capture to deletion, and responsibility for all aspects of its success.
- Help formulate and drive the vision for Data, using business insight and product discovery techniques.
- Lead one or more multi-disciplinary teams in the development and delivery the Data strategy
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to understand and measure areas of opportunity, progress against goals, and the success of existing initiatives.
- Lead the investment case and budget approval process for Data deliverables with support from the Director of Data Management
- Direct the necessary capabilities and resources to achieve success through its life-cycle in alignment with the Director of Data Management – including within the Domain, across Abcam Digital and with external suppliers.
- Build strong relationships and engage frequently with internal and external stakeholders, to build sponsorship, advocate adoption and deliver change.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Abcam Digital as well as in other parts of Abcam.
- Evangelise, implement and embed agile methodology in Abcam Digital.
- Provide coaching and support to team members to promote good product practice, promote effective ways of working and the Abcam Digital revolution as a whole.
- Relevant experience in Product Management (preferably e-commerce environment), with demonstrated experience and success in helping managers align planning and business strategy
- Proven track record of managing a product(s) with tangible outcome, with significant experience of working with data across its lifecycle to deliver business value (customer, product, reference data)
- Experience of working in a data architect role is preferable or clear demonstration of data architecture experience + working alongside data scientists, data modelers, data quality analysts and data governance teams, and end users of the data
- Good understanding of Master Data Management (customer and product) and data quality improvement strategies
- Relevant industry vendor knowledge: DQ tools, address verification software
- Appreciation of the GDPR and impacts on customer data (positive and negative)
- Understanding of agile methodologies and practical experience of delivering products using agile approaches. Able to help team select appropriate practices.
- Understanding of the product lifecycle and capable of defining and adapting the team to deliver at each stage.
- Practical experience of product management tools and techniques, from roadmap, backlog and release planning to prioritisation tools and techniques.
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full pay maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave. A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment. What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.