|Job Type:||Full Time|
The International Private Bank technology group is seeking a Senior Data Architect as part of a broad technology transformation agenda. The IPB Information Architecture team produces and maintains the information management guidance and direction for IPB applications spanning APAC, EMEA and LATAM geographies to ensure that they comply with all the relevant regulatory requirements and firm-wide information management standards.
As a data architect, you will also advise teams on aspects of application and system design relating to data including technology choices and strategic direction.
The role will involve working closely with the application teams and information owners to ensure they understand their responsibilities and supporting their activities - developing, testing and support with end to end ownership of new functional offerings and enhancements to our existing solutions.
- Lead the assurance of the data aspects of solutions and applications, including data models, records management and metadata
- Assure compliance with data architectures, standards, practices and patterns and making recommendations to higher design authorities as needed
- Ensure the delivery of information architecture artefacts for all IPB applications
- Establish an IPB data authority governance function suitable for an agile development environment with globally distributed development teams
Required Qualifications and attributes
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field with strong experience within data architecture roles
- Broad understanding of data management capabilities including data architecture, modelling & design, reference & master data management, metadata management and business intelligence/data science
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easy to understand manner and to translate business language into technical information and vice versa
- Strong influencing skills
- Demonstrable ability to understand complex business data
- Experience of working in agile environment
- Willingness to become Technology SME for IPB data across a broad set of applications
- Proficient in data management concepts, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of data governance, modelling techniques
- Solid understanding and practical experience of real world data modelling
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Working knowledge of modern software development approaches
- Knowledge of data virtualization technologies