|Job Type:||Full Time|
We need your expertise:
We require a passionate and experienced Android developer to work on our application portfolio across internal employees and external clients. All our projects are native applications and will require a deep understanding of multi-tiered architectures, clean coding, best patterns for effective coding/testing and a sound understanding of version control.
Clean design and architecture combined with knowledge of the latest APIs should be the driving force in decision-making during development. You will have an acute sense of detail and be driven to deliver software to the highest standard.
- Participate and contribute through the entire software development life cycle. That is from design, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Evaluate current projects to identify vulnerable code and work with the security architect in developing remediation plans.
- Utilise the best tools available to verify the health status of the projects in terms of CPU usage, memory consumption, data consumption and over draws so as to provide the best UX..
- Ensure that best practices are followed with version control and that the project adheres to common standard such as GIT flow for effectiveness.
Interested? This is what you will have:
- Experience developing Android applications with solid understanding of the framework, networking, user interface, API compatibility and best practices.
- Sound knowledge of both Java, Kotlin and Android design patterns and clean architecture and object orientation.
- Attention to detail and test driven development. Experience with both unit and instrumentation testing.
- Mastery of version control.
- A passion for the platform and a keen interest in upcoming changes in the OS, the tools and APIs such as material design and compatibility libraries.
A generous salary, pension, benefits and holiday package is provided as standard. In addition to all that you’ll also get opportunities to train, learn and be involved in innovation and charitable events.
Apply now and put yourself in the running for this exciting opportunity.