|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Risk @ GoCardless
We’re creating a new way to do Risk in Financial Services. We don’t do box-ticking, hide in our Risk corner in the office or employ an army of naysayers.
- ...are ready to serve everyone, if we wanted to - we ensure Risk does not constrain the business but empowers it to achieve our goals
- ...automate everything we do - we don’t like inefficiencies and believe real risk mitigation cannot be done by throwing people at the problem
- ...create the best possible customer experience - we want our customers (both internal and external) to feel they cannot wait to go through our processes
What is Compliance Operations @ GoCardless?
Compliance Operations at GoCardless has two key focuses:
- Customer onboarding. We ensure that we meet all our KYC (know your customer) requirements while giving our clients the best possible onboarding experience.
- Stopping the bad guys. We really care about our regulatory and moral obligation to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, we want to ensure that we catch and close down anyone we believe is misusing the GoCardless system.
Your mission is to prevent the GoCardless platform being used to commit financial crime, ensuring we minimise any impact on legitimate customers.
- Line management of both senior and junior members of the Compliance Operations team, with a primary focus on escalations and ongoing client monitoring
- Implementing, testing and iterating on a world-class financial crime controls framework
- Working closely with the MLRO and Director of Compliance Ops to ensure the AML policy and operational controls are working in tandem
- Setting and reporting on metrics to improve both team performance and GoCardless’ financial crime controls
- Work to identify inefficiencies in the team and cross-functional processes and take ownership of improving these
- Keeping up with the latest trends and typologies in the financial crime space and ensuring GoCardless’ controls remain one step ahead
- Delivering training sessions to the team and the wider business
- Coordinating projects within the team and ensuring key stakeholders are kept up to date
- Researching new external providers who can make us more efficient
- Clear communicator with the ability to articulate our operational financial crime controls to the company, banking partners and regulators
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious and need to understand how everything fits together. If someone can’t tell you the answer, you’ll find a way to figure it out
- You’re a self-starter. You go and find things to improve and don’t need to wait to be given challenges
- You thrive off motivating, coaching and developing team members. You enjoy working with people and can help get the best out of them
- Data is the base for everything you do. You can analyse compliance processes, draw conclusions and convince stakeholders why your recommendations should be implemented
- You have a significant amount of experience leading an AML operational team that conducts ongoing transaction and client monitoring
- You understand what world-class financial crime controls and reporting look like
- You have a significant amount of experience leading an AML operational team, and understand what world-class financial crime controls and reporting look like
- You’re able to find new and innovative ways to detect and investigate suspicious activity
- You’ve successfully challenged tick-box requirements and implemented controls that actually mitigate risk
- You thrive on operational efficiency
- You’d consider yourself to be an expert at financial crime prevention
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.