|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do
The Ocado Group IT Network Team is made up of around 7 professional Network Engineers with the mission to act as a service provider to our customers across Ocado Group. We do this by providing and nurturing critical wired and wireless services that enable everything from users across the Ocado business to work effectively, to also supporting the UK production environment. We love to automate everything we can.
The Ocado network is based primarily on Juniper Networks hardware. MPLS drives the core of the network, leveraging the Juniper MX platform. In the Data centre, you will find a mixture of L3VPN and EVPN/VXLAN technologies. Then there is the Ocado WAN, Remote Access, VPN and Enterprise edge networks that connect everything together.
What would I be doing?
- Continually seeking, promoting and realising opportunities to optimise the network services
- Taking a leading role in roadmapping and developing future strategies
- Working as part of a team, or independently, to create designs that are tailored to fit customer needs
- Testing new project designs and technologies with a robust analytical approach
- Providing projects and operational support that may include being on a 24/7 on-call rota
- Helping to define processes and procedures to improve the team’s ways of working
- Assisting with adding scripting, tooling and automation for network deployment, configuration and monitoring
- Scripting and automation using Python or other languages
What we are looking for
- We are seeking candidates with experience at the Professional to Expert level (CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE) in computer networking
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with excellent written and verbal communication skills within a team and with stakeholders
- Extensive experience working with some of the following platforms: Juniper MX, SRX, QFX, EX, F5 BIG-IP LTM and APM
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals such as the OSI Model and TCP/IP stack
- We are currently deploying data plane and control plane protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VXLAN, EVPN, so knowledge of these will be advantageous
- Working knowledge of the network services required by a network to function and be manageable, such as DHCP, DNS, NTP, RADIUS and SNMP
- Ability to balance different workloads, prioritising work as necessary to deliver successful results
- Reasonable working knowledge of Linux and Unix Based Systems
Please note, we are currently looking for 1 x permanent member of the team & another on a 6 month fixed term contract.
This would make you stand out from the crowd:
- University degree in Computer Science or STEM subject
- Experience with cloud interconnect technologies to providers such as AWS, Azure and Google
- Awareness of ITIL, Lean, Agile
- Any experience with Mist Systems would be useful
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.