|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do
Group IT has the mission to provide the strategic direction, governance and delivery of the core IT services which enable Ocado group as a whole to deliver on its missions.
The Group Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for the implementation and operation of all core IT services used across Ocado’s global offices to enable end users to access the services they require. This involves building infrastructure to support offices, warehouses and remote working at scale and efficiently.
Our team also participate in 24/7 on-call support rota, the frequency of this is roughly 1 week in 6/7.
What would I be doing?
- Be responsible for the technical support and implementation of key infrastructure systems and solutions within the Group Infrastructure Engineering team for Ocado Group.
- Create and maintain quality documentation, diagrams and records.
- Collaborate within the team and intra-team to work on support and projects as needed. Being a key SME in the infrastructure space, taking responsibility and accountability to deliver.
- Participate in technical workshops both cross-function and within the team to ensure requirements are gathered and to discuss technical approaches and solutions to business needs. Contributing positively and constructively.
- Work with technologies such as Azure, VMware, Windows Server, Citrix, Containers and many more other modern technologies in a modern enterprise organisation.
- Sandbox and POC various new technologies as needed.
- Be part of an on-call 24/7 rota which is 1 week in 6, on-call attracts additional payments
What we are looking for
- Proven track record of working with enterprise infrastructure 500+ servers across multiple regions
- Excellent knowledge of the infrastructure space, including Azure, VMware, Windows Server, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS
- Experience of identity solutions and working with cloud identity (preferably Azure AD/AD), familiarity with SAML, SSO, OAuth and integrations using these
- Excellent knowledge of cloud technology and an preference of cloud approaches
- Able to see problems from a business perspective, with excellent communication skills and a positive approach and outlook
- Experience of security both cloud and on-prem, AV, CASB, DLP etc...
- Experience working in a hybrid cloud environment and migrating from on-prem
- Excellent knowledge of scripting and automation with PowerShell/Terraform/DSC or other similar approaches
- Knowledge of Citrix XenApp, VDI and thin client technologies
- Professional certifications i.e. Microsoft, AWS or GCP or a proven track record of relevant experience
- Any experience in MDM solutions at scale
This would make you stand out from the crowd:
- Experience of monitoring products to ensure infrastructure metrics are captured and alerts/reporting crafted correctly
- Degree level education in a STEM subject
- Comfort with Linux/Unix OS
- Experience working with Agile or DevOps methodologies
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and service management in the enterprise, ITIL Certification
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.