|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets division has an opportunity for an experienced candidate to join the Sustainability team in our London office, where you will utilise your expertise in assessing environmental and social risks and opportunities and your understanding and commercial application of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) best practice.
This is a high-profile role where you will use your sustainability/ESG experience in a corporate, industry, consulting or government environment to support the implementation of our framework and sustainability strategy.
Your responsibilities will require you to:
- conduct technical analysis/assessment of environmental and social risks and opportunities in transactions, including scoping and analysing due diligence reports
- work with teams within the Infrastructure & Real Assets business and our funds’ underlying portfolio companies to provide guidance and support on sustainability best practice and initiatives and help drive value through sustainability
- develop and manage aspects of our sustainability strategy including implementing policies, systems and projects and providing training, and reporting on progress to senior leadership
- present to investors and other external parties and prepare and review ESG related communications including responses to investor due diligence enquiries, data analysis, presentations and thought leadership reports
- further develop our external reporting on responsible investment and sustainability performance including TCFD and SDGs, as well as assist with the Asset Management divisions annual PRI submission
- participate in industry body working groups to define and shape best practice approaches.
You will be experienced in the development and implementation of policy or management systems as well as industry experience in finance, energy, infrastructure sectors and/or climate change issues. Your understanding of greenhouse gas accounting, climate risk assessment, and lifecycle analysis and familiarity with TCFD reporting, SDGs and the EU sustainable finance package, will be beneficial in this role.
Your understanding of commercial drivers for ESG and experience in embedding ESG projects within organisations, as well as the ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams and manage diverse stakeholders will be vital in this role.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, clear attention to detail and be a self-motivator.
Finally, you will be degree-educated, ideally in finance or in environmental science.
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2020, Macquarie Asset Management has $A606.9 billion of assets under management.
About Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets is part of Macquarie Asset Management. For more than two decades, we have partnered with investors, governments and communities to manage, develop and enhance assets relied on by more than 100 million people each day. As at 31 March 2020, Macquarie Infrastructure & Real Assets managed $A215 billion in assets, including investments in over 150 portfolio businesses, approximately 500 properties and 4.8 million hectares of farmland across 31 countries. For further information, please visit www.MIRAfunds.com
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.