|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Focus: Content for new platform for creating and distributing fintech apps
- Approximately 70% editing/30% writing
- Technical writing experience required
- Remote for now
As the Digital Experience Design group, we partner with business, product and development teams across the Corporate & Investment Bank of J.P. Morgan to design products and services that drive engagement and increase client satisfaction.
We have over 130 designers, researchers and content creators working on world-class fintech products and non-digital solutions. Leveraging the latest techniques and technology, we develop a comprehensive understanding of user needs and desired outcomes—and deliver on them.
Learn more about Digital Experience Design: www.jpmorgan.com/design
Digital Platform is a major J.P. Morgan initiative to drive the rapid development of fintech apps with ready-to-go frameworks and services. From concept to distribution, our platform drives faster coding, standardization, documentation and marketing. We’ve developed a unique visual and written approach to technical documentation to enhance the experience for both developers and business stakeholders.
The scope includes:
- Edit API and other product technical documentation (Overviews, Concepts, Key Features, Use Cases, Getting Started, Code Samples, etc.) that meet the editorial standards.
- Write new copy and edit existing copy following the guidelines and examples for voice and tone.
- Drive for consistency in presentation and depth of detail across different products.
- Work closely with stakeholders to improve their content.
- Engage with designers, information architects, project managers, platform owners and others, as needed.
- Provide insights for improving the platform.
- Contribute improvements to the Content Guide.
Writing essential experience/understanding
- Digital technical content editing/writing.
- Content from many contributors edited into a consistent voice and tone.
- Style book guidelines.
Technical essential experience/understanding
- Strong working knowledge and experience documenting APIs.
- Software development and/or technical support of complex systems.
- Authoring/project tracking tools like Bitbucket, JIRA, Adobe Experience Manager, Docusaurus >2.0 (or similar, such as Gatsby).
- Where and why technical documentation is important and where it fits in the SDLC.
- Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Design language or design systems.
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts and understand how products work.
- Node, React, TypeScript, Webpack, Babel, Monorepos, Regular Expressions, Perl, RESTful services, YAML, MDX.
- B2B financial services content.
- AP Stylebook.
Every candidate interviewed will need to take a short editing test.