|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Search and Intelligence team is responsible for enabling intelligence in Microsoft products such as Outlook, Teams, Bing, Windows and Cortana. You'd be part of a team working to modernize the way users discover, navigate and search across their organization’s Office365 corpus and help make them more productive. We strive to break down the barriers of traditional search and instead offer the most relevant and contextual based suggestions to help users discover the content they are looking for; spanning their Contacts, Emails, Documents and their organization's data.
We’re now looking for a highly motivated and innovative Program Manager who is passionate, creative, and wants to deliver innovative search and knowledge mining capabilities across our enterprise experiences. As a member of our team you will work with an expert group of Software Engineers and Applied Scientists leveraging machine learning, artificial intelligence, and state-of-the-art technology to advance the relevance & applicability of search solutions over a variety of knowledge & information sources. In your Program Manager role, you will bring the best ideas together leveraging your technical depth and customer empathy.
The Program Manager will lead innovative projects that involve the furthering of the capabilities within our product offering. The PM needs to be comfortable working across disciplines with engineers, data scientists, researchers, and UX designers to deliver these experiences in a way that delights users and increases product engagement. A passion for analyzing data, developing metrics, and cultivating novel & delightful techniques to help our customers are all essential ingredients for this PM.
The role requires strong collaboration across teams at Microsoft, cutting through ambiguity and getting product shipped.
We are looking for a passionate, creative, self-starting Program Manager who thrives in a startup-like but global environment.
A Program Manager with strong technical background who can create and understand AI solutions, complex systems and define innovative product features while maintaining the customer focus.
- Ideally 10-15 years Program/Product Management experience
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and execution skills
- BS/MS in computer science or a related discipline
- Experienced delivering results through collaboration across disciplines, feature teams, and partners – and experience working with teams that will regularly be in different countries and time zones to you.
- Driving technical topics, planning and day-to-day project management
- Aligning business strategy and technical strategy for the given product area
- Strong self-learning ability, entering new domains, managing through uncertainty in an agile environment
- Comfortable with wearing multiple hats and proactively identifying problems, proposing solutions, collaborating and driving teams to address them
- Track record of successfully designing and delivering solutions for complex technical problems
- Have a good understanding and ability to define metrics that represent success for the customer or business, can evaluate feature impact and inform next steps
- Customer empathy combined with data insights always learning, and refining features to deliver maximum business impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.