Senior Digital and Marketing Executive - LV= General Insurance
About the role
LV= General Insurance are currently expanding and it’s an exciting time to join the business. You’ll become part of our Digital Innovation team, who manage our new product innovations and take them to market. We are seeking a true social media expert; someone who will not only manage but develop social media strategies for our new brand – Flow. You will be working closely with the wider marketing team on reviewing different social media channels and be an expert in recommending brand new options to attract the right target audience.
As a Senior Digital and Marketing Executive you will be responsible for developing and delivering marketing plans, managing creative and media planning, analysis of campaigns and developing good working relationships with agencies and other internal / external stakeholders across multiple digital channels. We are looking for someone with experience of most digital channels, but with a special flair and passion for social media.
Talk to us about flexible working . . .
When it comes to flexible working, we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs. At LV= General Insurance many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, from part-time, flexi-time, job shares, an element of working from home or compressed hours.
We want the best people working at our organisation and we recognise that those people aren’t always available full-time.
So if you need any adjustments, let us know during your interview. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Strong marketing experience essential
Experience and understanding of the insurance market desirable
Qualifications – A levels & a degree preferable and or Digital Marketing or industry standard Marketing qualifications
Proven experience of marketing planning, budget control and campaign delivery with strong organisational skills
Relationship Management experience; preferably with marketing agencies
Confidence and ability to develop relationships and deal with colleagues and external contacts at all levels.
Excellent verbal (formal presentation) and written (campaign plans and post-campaign reports) skills.
Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
Creative focused with an ability to assess, critique and refine concepts/artwork
Ability and willingness to work effectively under pressure
An ability to think laterally and to come up with imaginative and innovative solutions
Not afraid to make decisions and be accountable for them
Excellent copy writing skills and communication skills
Experience in developing/coaching team members/direct reports
Excellent interpersonal & relationship building skills
Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office, Adobe etc.
Proven analytical and decision making skills to improve marketing effectiveness
- To produce,manage and analyse detailed integrated strategic marketing plans across marketing activity; in line product specific plans and timings to meet business KPI’s and objectives.
- To lead in ongoing business planning exercises: quarterly marketing/sales planning and monthly sales reforecast processes, cost re-forecasts etc, to include detailed phased input to cross-functional marketing planning, and liaison with internal stakeholders to agree wider business plans.
- To work alongside Digital and Marketing manager to deliver strategic marketing plans that complement the wider channel mix, ensuring maximum impact, consistency with all business marketing activity and in full compliance with the communications process to ensure that all campaigns are free from any legal, technical or regulatory breach or error.
- To leadt detailed campaign results analysis with the inernal business areas and external agencies, including implementation of campaign improvements and to make recommendations based on these results for future activity.
- Continually identify ways to improve campaign effectiveness in terms of cost management, response generation and conversion.
- To communicate campaign plans effectively, regularly and comprehensively to relevant stakeholders and the Digital and Marketing Manager, to ensure that consumer response is effectively managed and handled.
- To be a key member of the briefing process to agecnies for all new initiatives, work alongside them to ensure the proposals delivered are suitable for implementation and have the LV= objectives and values at heart.
- To effectively manage key relationships with all relevant internal (including product areas and finance) and external parties (including agencies, media owners), for the purposes of implementing campaigns and promotions with maximum success and Key Account maintenance and development.
- To develop full understanding of the financial drivers within our key product markets, to inform marketing campaigns and provide insight to the team.
- To conduct ongoing investigation into emerging channels applicable to marketing and relevant product areas, delivering ongoing innovation and campaign development to drive digital transformation.
- To maintain a keen awareness of competitor activity in the industry, producing regular reports on our competitive marketing positioning.
- Develop the LV= brand whilst delivering agreed business objectives.
- Manage customer research where appropriate and identify competitor activities and trends that will affect the business.
- Involvement with projects to support delivery of the GI Direct Strategy
- Monitor legal and regulatory compliance with relevant industry bodies, codes of practice and the regulators.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV= General Insurance (GI). Having recently joined forces with Allianz, we’re proud to now be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK. Working with a new energy, we’re shifting gear and transforming our company, industry and beyond. And we’re just getting started.
Driven by pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefit
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution and is able to bring their true self to work.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.