Last updated 3 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Ability to learn quickly
- Initiative, analytical and logical approach to problem solving – coding background preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written - the ability to articulate complex issues concisely
- Ability to write clear specification by example/technical use cases/functional specifications. (Not Business Requirements)
- Ability to work multiple projects at a time
- Strong technical knowledge - system and integration architecture concepts, design patterns, tools, techniques and best practices
- Relational database experience using Oracle or MS-SQL
- Ability to work as an effective part of a team
- Proven track record of strategic program delivery
- A commitment to delivering change and solving complex challenges
- Conversant in both waterfall and agile methodologies
- General understanding of Trading business re Securities and Cash processing
- Member of the MSIRE application team, interacting daily with coders, testers, architects, product owners and wider business representatives.
- Working with global business and technology partners to understand business problems, daily workflow and automation needs
- Technical analysis of data within legacy systems and reverse engineering of legacy flows
- Technical analysis of requirements provided by Business and clear articulation of technical solutions/changes needed for our product owner, build team, interfacing application build teams and testers
- Devising strategic technical solutions to solve business, data and technical problems
- Participation in all stages of the application development process apart from build – analysis, solutioning, design, testing, production support
- Root cause analysis of common production issues, liaising closely with business partners
- Providing Level 3 (Application Development Team) production support including occasional out of hours/weekend
- Partnering with the Production Management teams to understand the key challenges impacting daily processing.
- Supporting System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- A commitment to self-improvement – ability to go out and find information, gain knowledge and apply that learning.
- Self-discipline – The real world of JP Morgan is frequently fraught with aggressive deadlines that can sometimes translate into long days and lots of hard work. We expect you to be prepared to walk that extra mile.
As a team we have a strong commitment to equality and diversity.