|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
- Do you enjoy working on complex and challenging projects, programmes and portfolios, delivering real and meaningful value?
- Would you be motivated contributing to a positive-human future for UK citizens?
- Are you keen to work with client teams to build delivery capability and delivery excellence?
- Would you be motivated by working collaboratively with diverse project teams, often with a mix of both colleagues and clients?
- Is being able to shape your own career pathway and support the development of others important to you?
If so, our Delivery consultant role could be for you!
Our Delivery Team is PA’s Centre of Excellence for all project, programme and portfolio capability. The team has a great reputation for realising high value outcomes for our clients by supporting and leading delivery across the most critical projects, programmes and portfolios. Developing meaningful and long-standing partnerships with our clients, the team also has an extensive track record of providing crucial advisory services and building delivery capability and delivery excellence for client teams at all levels.
Our growing team covers the full spectrum of delivery expertise. Our experience ranges from supporting highly complex business transformations, to delivering ‘harder’ infrastructure and engineering projects, through to providing deep technical expertise on IT and technology driven change. Our team operates across a number of sectors, and this opportunity focusses on roles across UK public sector (more detail is included in the section below). Our team has a great reputation for delivering value to a range of public sector clients, implementing strategic projects that help solve the most pressing challenges.
Recent project highlights include;
- The UK Ventilator Challenge - With the coronavirus pandemic escalating and the country fast running out of life-saving ventilators, PA led one of the largest mobilisations of innovation, science and engineering since the Second World War. Working closely with government, the team helped ensure that everyone in the UK who needed a ventilator got one. (More information can be found on our website https://www.paconsulting.com/our-experience/the-uk-ventilator-challenge-achieving-the-impossible/)
- Working on a range of EU exit Programmes to prepare the UK for departure, including Building a new environmental watchdog to take over regulatory duties for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Transformed higher educational services within Russell Group Universities
- Delivered a number of operational IT systems into different police forces
In addition, projects in other sectors include;
- Establishing a brand-new business unit for the Financial Ombudsman Service to manage millions of PPI mis-selling claims
- Helping a Global Pharmaceutical Company double their production volume of medical devices
- Transforming Ariad Pharmaceuticals’ technology platforms and services to accelerate lung cancer drug research and treatments
- Managing key transformation programmes in the NHS to improve patient care and sustainability.
What we're looking for
We are seeking to grow our team by recruiting talented individuals with experience across all types of projects, programmes and change.
We are looking for candidates with the potential to become future project and programme leaders, with skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Core experience of delivery in project and programme environments, with an understanding of delivery/change methodologies, processes, techniques and common challenges
- Core experience of working and delivering within the Public Sector
- A track record of realising business benefits and outcomes
- The ability to demonstrate leadership skills in large and diverse project teams
- Ability to work across multiple levels of an organisation
- An aptitude for delivering creative and ingenious solutions
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience working in one of the following sub-sectors:
- Justice and Policing
- Borders, Immigration and Home Affairs
- Policing and Criminal Justice
- Regional and Local Government
- Tax, Welfare and Revenue
- Economic and International Development
- A deep understanding of current affairs, public sector challenges and technological trends within this context
- An interest in developing new business (this activity can take a number of different forms depending on relative experience and rank)
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- A drive for personal and professional progression
You will also need to hold or be eligible to hold UK security clearance; more information about the requirements for this role can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Our Delivery consultants are expected to be hands-on, working together with our clients to bring energy, direction and expertise in helping to solve the most difficult delivery challenges. Whether it be facilitating workshops, providing detailed project planning or helping to manage complex and senior stakeholders, we pride ourselves on partnering with clients, providing a service that delivers real and long lasting value.
In addition to the formal benefits set out below, we are passionate about the personal and career development of all of our consultants. Our team is committed to providing the opportunities, support, training and coaching required at all levels to ensure our consultants can all achieve their potential.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
- Travel allowance
PA is an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network ranging from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 clients, we will offer you fascinating work, unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to realize your potential. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a successful and rewarding career.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the EU/UK region* We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.